Sunday, December 22, 2013

Stacking the YA Shelves (Dec. 22, 2013)

Tynga of  Team Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

Thirteen books came to my house this week.

Review:
After debating and checking my calendar, I decided to take a chance and request Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong from Edelweiss. I was pleased to be approved. 

After suffering from envy last week when I saw that a number of people got the physical ARC of The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski along with a cool box and dagger, I was pleased to see a package from Ksenia in my mailbox that had the same thing. Everyone I showed it to thought it was the coolest thing!

Book Fair:

Because, apparently, 1700 books on my TBR stack didn't seem like enough, I found these at our school book fair.
Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon
Blindsided by Priscilla Cummings
Almost Home by Joan Bauer
The Hypnotists by Gordon Korman

Just Because:
Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill - I just read and loved Being Sloane Jacobs and wanted to read her first book too.

Skull Creek Stakeout by Eddie Jones was a Kindle find while browsing Amazon's Best lists this week.
Shadowhunters and Downworlders by Cassandra Clare was a deal this week. I thought it would be handy when I finally get around to reading the Mortal Instruments book which have been on my TBR mountain for a while already.

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi was a deal this week. It joins Under the Never Sky on my TBR mountain.
In the After by Demetria Lunetta was also a Kindle Deal this week. Since I have been curious about it, I added it to my stack too.

Rival by Lacy Yager was free and praised on a blog I read. It was too good a deal to pass up.
Also Known As by Robin Benway was also a Kindle Deal this week. I read the ARC and thought it was the funniest book I read last year. I couldn't resist getting a keeper copy.

What did you add to your stack this week?

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You got the Winner's Curse too?! Seeing that around a lot! Wonder how these publishers are deciding who to "surprise" with it! I don't get too many of those surprise packages lately!

    So envious of Sea of Shadows! I requested it multiple times on Edelweiss only to be rejected multiple times. I am a big Kelley Armstrong fan and cannot wait to read anything new by her! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard loads about Armstrong and her novels, I need to start them soon to see what she's like. And In the After looks great, too!
    Happy reading!

    My haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul! Dead Beautiful is a really awesome book, and I really want to read In the After. I can't wait to see what you think of these!

    Emily @ Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool stack. Enjoy your new additions:)

    Happy Holidays!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Winner's Curse sounds amazing! I love the cover, too. Meant To Be is really cute. I hope you enjoy all your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so bad with book fairs as well. That's one thing I miss now that I'm at a high school. I just finished reading Through the Ever Night about a week or so ago, and loved it!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!