Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Iris by Scott Stabile

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I am trying to clean up my review stack before the end of the year and chose Iris by Scott Stabile from my Kindle stack to read this week. I was sent this book by the author in mid-November. Here is the description from Amazon:
Sixteen-year-old Iris Capaldi led an entirely ordinary life before the accident. There were no make-out sessions with her best friend, Benji. No homicidal skinheads. No unexplainable flying creatures. And no ridiculously cute, teenaged aliens. Since the accident, however, the bizarre has become the ordinary. It’s an unusual day if she’s not kissing Jamen, her extraterrestrial classmate, arguing with her impulsive, dead mother, or almost dying herself.  Suspenseful, insightful and fun, Iris effortlessly blends love, loss and the paranormal in an unpredictable teen romance that will enthrall fans of The Hunger Games and Twilight, as well as anyone drawn to the endless possibilities of first love . . . no matter how extraordinary the circumstances.

Teaser:
Two hours before my alarm is set to go off, I break into laughter and kick my legs up and down on the bed. I can't help it. It's six a.m. on October 9th, and no amount of Red Bull could wire me this much. I am, at last, sixteen years old and will have my driver's license in just a few hours.  

11 comments:

  1. Ooh nice teaser! I always wonder if when a teen gets excited about whatever birthday if they are looking at the clock accurately. I mean was this one born at 6am on the dot?

    I just had my birthday yesterday and was waiting for the precise time I was born--since I have it memorized--so I could be my official age!

    Still, nice tease!! I tend to analyze the little details too much in all sense of the word! ;)

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering why someone would be so excited at 6am! But turning 16, that explains a lot haha. Great teaser. Thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some eye on the cover! Sounds intense....thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sound of this book :) and I like the teaser too.
    Here's my Teaser Tuesday Post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like a fun book :)
    Thanks for stopping by at my TT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember that moment well. It is leg-kicking exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoo, honestly I don't know that I was quite so excited to get my driver's license that I got up at 6 am happily! But, I do understand the sentiment. :) Great teaser!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  8. great teaser..adding this book to my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!