Wednesday, January 8, 2014

ARC Review: Bad Kitty Drawn to Trouble

Bad Kitty Drawn to Trouble
Author: Nick Bruel
Publication: Roaring Brook Press (January 7, 2014)

Description: In this seventh installment of the New York Times–bestselling series, Kitty encounters what may be her most formidable foe yet: her creator! Kitty soon learns that feline manipulation works both ways—especially when you're at the wrong end of your author's pencil. Along the way, Nick shows kids how a book is created, despite the frequent interruptions from you-know-who.

My Thoughts: From meeting Nick Bruel and learning to draw Bad Kitty all the way to a discussion of artistic inspiration, Nick Bruel and his able partner Bad Kitty show readers the elements of a story in an engagingly humorous manner. Elements like Characters, Setting, Plot, Protagonist and Antagonist are illustrated in a humorous way. Uncle Murray's Fun Facts add additional information. There is even a recipe for roasted turnips to round out the story (which actually makes sense if you read the book.)

I enjoyed the subtly sly illustrations and the outrageous plot. Young readers who enjoy Bad Kitty books will enjoy this one too and learn something about writing a book in the process.

Favorite Quote:
"And to think I gave up a 'Baby Mouse' audition to be here."
I got this ARC through the Amazon Vine program. You can buy your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!