Sunday, January 12, 2014

Stacking the YA Shelves (Jan. 12, 2014)

Tynga of  Team Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

I added fourteen books - most of them Kindle books - to my collection this week.

Bought:
I bought all three of the Vampire Academy Graphic Novels in print but only two have arrived so far.
Shadow Kiss by Leigh Dragoon, Richelle Mead and Emma Vieceli
Frostbite by by Leigh Dragoon, Richelle Mead and Emma Vieceli
A couple of books from my wishlist went on sale for the Kindle this week.
Blackwood by Gwenda Bond
Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon
I read these two as ARCs, bought the hardcovers to donate to my media center, and finally bought Kindle copies for myself.
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Review Books:
I have been looking at Perfect Lies by Kiersten White on other people's blogs and been envious because I enjoyed the first book in this series. I was looking at Download Now titles at Edelweiss and saw that it was available for me. I had to add it to my review stack.

I was also browsing NetGalley this week and saw that The Mark of the Dragonfly by Jaleigh Johnson was available. I actually have a print version of this that I got at ALA but like reading ARCs on my Kindle better than print ARCs.
I got House of Ivy & Sorrow by Natalie Whipple at Edelweiss when checking out what was available from HarperTeen.

Project Paper Doll: The Hunt by Stacey Kade was a NetGalley find. It is from Disney. The cover was revealed on the author's blog though. NetGalley and Amazon don't have this cover yet. 
A couple more HarperTeen Edelweiss finds were The Taking by Kimberly Derting and Royally Lost by Angie Stanton. Seeing Royally Lost on so many blogs last week was what sent me searching at Edelweiss.
My Amazon Vine picks arrived this week too. I chose Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge and Uninvited by Sophie Jordan.

What did you add to your stack? Leave a link and I'll stop by.

8 comments:

  1. YAY The Vampire Academy Graphic novels!! Kind of bums that you didn't get the first one out of the three this week! Darn shipping procedures!!

    And oooooomg! I am like envious of all your Amazon Vine picks!! Cruel Beauty AND Uninvited! AND then you also got The Taking?!! Sooo envious of those! Had been requesting these titles at Edelweiss to no effect.

    Hope you enjoy all your awesome reads!!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! I'm not big on comics but I hope you like these, I loved VA books. Cinder and Scarlet were awesome, I loved both and look forward to more.
    I hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good ones that are also on my list. I've read Silver Phoenix. I enjoyed it, even though its a bit too much fantasy for me. Hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cruel Beauty sounds really good! I have read Cinder and Scarlet and they were both SO good! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really looking forward to Royally Lost and Uninvited. I need to read the Cinder books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great haul! I adore the Cinder books, I still need to buy a finished copy of Scarlet for myself, too. Very excited for The Taking and Cruel Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard of most of these and recently read Uninvited. Make sure you don't give up on it, it's a little slow in the beginning but gets better

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a fantastic haul! You've got the VA graphic novels! I love the series and I need to get those at some point :) House of Ivy and Sorrow looks awesome, and I hope you enjoy Cruel Beauty - I couldn't stop reading and need to get a finished copy even though I had an eARC. I need this on my shelf.
    Thanks for stopping by last weekend, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!