Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Memes: Nil by Lynne Matson

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


This week I am spotlighting Nil by Lynne Matson. I got this ARC from Macmillan. This is her debut novel which will be released on March 4. Here is the description:
On the mysterious island of Nil, the rules are set. You have exactly 365 days to escape—or you die.

Seventeen-year-old Charley doesn’t know the rules. She doesn’t even know where she is. The last thing she remembers is blacking out, and when she wakes up, she’s naked in an empty rock field.

Lost and alone, Charley finds no sign of other people until she meets Thad, the gorgeous leader of a clan of teenage refugees. Soon Charley learns that leaving the island is harder than she thought . . . and so is falling in love. With Thad’s time running out, Charley realizes that she has to find a way to beat the clock, and quickly, in this thrilling debut novel by Lynne Matson.
Beginning:
Heat.

Inexplicable, consuming heat—choking like smoke, burning like fire.

That was my last memory before the invisible flames spiked into icy nothingness, along with the crazy thought that if I survived this bewildering bonfire, my dad would freak when I was late returning his new car.
Friday 56: 
Thad disappeared inside a small rock hut near the edge of the camp. A minute passed, then Thad popped his head back out. "Are you coming?" He looked amused. "I don't bite."

4 comments:

  1. Great 56! Sounds like good read!

    Here is my Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really interesting. There are so many YA books today and I don't have time to read them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued by the premise of this book. The opening definitely grabbed me and made me want to know more.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: WILD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I'm diggin' the 56 too! :-)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!