Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday Memes: Unforgotten by Jessica Brody

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Unforgotten by Jessica Brody. I got an ARC of this Feb. 25 release from Macmillan. It is the sequel to Unremembered and the middle book in a trilogy. Here is the description from Amazon:
Some memories are better left forgotten

After a daring escape from the Diotech scientists who created her, Seraphina and Zen believe they are finally safe from the horrors of her past. But new threats await them at every turn as Zen falls prey to a mysterious illness and Sera’s extraordinary abilities make it more and more difficult to stay hidden. Meanwhile, Diotech has developed a dangerous new weapon designed to apprehend Sera. A weapon that even Sera will be powerless to stop. Her only hope of saving Zen’s life and defeating the company that made her is a secret buried deep within her mind. A secret that Diotech will kill to protect. And it won’t stay forgotten for long.

Packed with mystery, suspense, and romance, Unforgotten is the riveting second installment of Jessica Brody’s Unremembered trilogy, and delivers more heart-pounding action as loyalties are tested, love becomes a weapon, and no one’s memories are safe.
Beginning:
The fire is hot and relentless, rising up from a thicket of smoldering ash. Lashing at my feet. Filling my eyes with smoky tears of defeat.
Friday 56:
I curve around the edge of the tattoo and continue up the other side, peeling my skin away in one long, gruesome strip.

9 comments:

  1. The F56 sounds fascinating but slightly disgusting! I haven't read or heard of the series, but I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for sharing :) Hope you have a good weekend!
    my Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great story--thriller, romance, and sci-fi. I hope you're enjoying the story.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: CAKE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwww...she peeling her skin back! The first line makes me wonder what started the fire and why she is there. This was a good share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a genre I typically read, but these blurbs are intriguing.

    Thanks for visiting The Busy Mom's Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure about that quote you found! But I'm enjoying the reviews on books I've never read! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Your Friday 56 on this blog is Bloody Disgusting! ;P

    Linking from Freda's Voice,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I requested a copy for review.... I need this book in my life. :-)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cover. I don't know of this book.

    ENJOY, and thanks for sharing.

    I am including an entire review and giveaway for my book beginning since I haven't read anything new for the past two weeks. :)

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!