Sunday, February 16, 2014

Stacking the YA Shelves (Feb. 16, 2014)

Tynga of  Team Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

I had a massive week this week. I couldn't resist a number of Kindle Daily Deals and I visited Edelweiss and NetGalley to check out auto-approved books.

Here is what I bought for my Kindle:
The Archived by Victoria Schwab was a Daily Deal. I had the book in print on my TBR mountain but donated it to my HS Media Center. I find that I prefer to read on my Kindle these days and my students will have a new book too.

Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta joins Finnikin of the Rock on my Kindle. I am waiting to get deals on the whole series before I begin reading.
I got both Stork and Flock by Wendy Delsol. I know I am missing the middle book in this series but it wasn't on sale! I had previously had a print copy of Stork but it went to my HS Media Center in one of my TBR mountain purges. I have to purge a few times a year because I have limited shelf space. Since I work at the HS Media Center, I figure if I ever get a chance to read something I purged, it will still be there for me to check out.
Lastly, I "purchased" Mindspeak by Heather Sunseri and Every Little Piece by Kate Ashton. Both were and still are free.

Here are the ones I added to my review stack:
Mila 2.0: Renegade by Debra Driza (Edelweiss, May 13)
The Things You Kiss Goodbye by Leslie Connor (Edelweiss, June 24)
Vivian Divine Is Dead by Lauren Sabel (Edelweiss, June 3)
On the Fence by Kasie West (Edelweiss, July 1)
The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson (Edelweiss, July1)
Wild by Alex Mallory (Edelweiss, July 8)
The still coverless Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper (Edelweiss, Sept. 23)

Gideon's Spear by Darby Karchut - Darby felt bad that I had not received a review copy of this book. So she sent me an autographed finished copy. I should get to it early in March. It was released on Feb. 4.
Hexed by Michelle Krys (NetGalley, June 10)
Caged Warrior by Alan Lawrence Sitomer (NetGalley, May 13)

What did you add to your stack this week?

26 comments:

  1. OOh The Vanishing Season! Sooo want to read that one but Edelweiss has rejected me for it like four times already! Don't think they like me for some reason. Pretty much all my requests get denied and I don't get it. I've updated my profile to include blogger stats but they still reject me.

    Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul!!! I love The Archived! Thanks for stopping by The Cover Contessa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul - I want to read The Archived too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul this week! I have On The Fence on my TBR list. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul - I can't wait to read On the Fence! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really curious about some of these, too. Especially Finnikin of the Rock. Looking forward to getting round to it myself. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really awesome haul! I want to read On The Fence and Mila 2.0: Renegade. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's a few Harper books there that I almost picked up from Edelweiss myself, but I decided to go with On the Fence. I've heard the author is a really good one! Thank you for stopping by my blog. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great books! I've been wanting to read a few of these for a while now. I've heard The Archived is really good, along with Hexed. I hope you enjoy all of your new books! Here's my STS: http://unearthlyreviews.blogspot.com/2014/02/stacking-shelves-7.html Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did get a lot. That was awfully nice of author Darby Karchut to send you a signed copy, how thoughtful of her.

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul this week, you got a lot of books that are on my TBR. I hope you enjoy them and thanks for stopping by earlier!

    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read On the Fence...just love Kasie West. And Hexed sounds really good too. Have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on an excellent book haul this week Ms. Martin! I've been wanting to read, The Archived for quite a while now. I've read nothing but great reviews on it, and met the author in person. She is a really sweet lady. Every Little Piece, and On the Fence look like great reads! I love romance stories! Happy Reading, and wishing you a wonderful week :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everyone's picking up The Archived since it's such a good deal! Yay, On The Fence! It sounds so cute. I have Vivian Divine is Dead too, can't wait to check it out. Have an awesome week!

    Cyn @ Book Munchies

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are a bunch that I want myself from your stack! I so want to get Hexed and Stork and Flocked. Lucky you! Enjoy all your books!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS this week!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW you have an amazing haul! I have some of these books so i need to start reading them LOL

    THanks for stopping by OUaT, I hope you enjoy your books!

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  17. yay!! you got on the fence too!! I'm so excited for that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, that's a lot of books! I ADORE Melina Marchetta's Lumatere Chronicles, so I hope you love those when you start them! I hope you enjoy all of your books Kathy! :)

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of awesome reads!! Hope you enjoy them all!!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome haul! I got On the Fence last week. Vivian Divine looks really good. I hope you enjoy them all.

    Thanks for stopping by and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great haul, Stork has been on my TBR list for such a long time, I think I might have to just purchase it already. Thanks for stopping by my blog, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I want to read The Things You Kiss Goodbye! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow that's a lot of books!!! Every Little Piece and Hexed look awesomesauce! Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting. Hope you enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great Haul!! I just snagged The Vanishing Season for myself as well. So excite to read that one!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by YA Book Addict.

    Have a great week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow what a haul Kathy! So excited for The Things You Kiss Goodbye and On the Fence! I liked The Archived ok, but I had trouble getting through it. Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!