Sunday, February 9, 2014

Stacking the YA Shelves (Feb. 9, 2014)

Tynga of  Team Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

This week I thought I'd change things up and talk about the books I got in order of my receiving them. I do these posts Friday after work and then schedule them for Sunday morning.
On Feb. 1 I saw someone's really early review of We Were Liars by e. lockart and was so intrigued I decided to check out Edelweiss and NetGalley. When I found out I was auto-approved for this book at NetGalley, I had to grab a copy of this May 13 release.

When I woke up on Feb. 4, I had an email from Amazon saying that my copy of Cress would be delivered to my Kindle as soon as I turned on my wireless. I had previously read the review copy but wanted the finished copy for my Kindle to join Cinder and Scarlet.
When I got home from work on Feb. 4, Monument 14: Savage Drift by Emmy Laybourne was between my storm door and my front door. That's where the UPS guy drops off my books. I saw the package as I was driving into my garage. This came from Macmillan and will be released on May 6. I have read the two previous books in this trilogy.

The Kindle Teen Deal of the Day on Feb. 5 included both The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea M. Campbell and The Trials of Renegade X. Both had been on my wishlist for a while. I like feeding my Kindle with good deals even though I have no idea when I'll be able to find the time to read these.
I found Orion Poe and the Lost Explorer by William Fourth in my mailbox on Feb. 6. The author had asked if I wanted to read and review this middle grade title which will be released on May 19. *The title link goes to GoodReads because Amazon doesn't list it yet.
Finally on Feb. 7, I came home to find a shiny black package stuck between my front doors. Inside was The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson which came from Macmillan and will be released on July 15. It has a plainer black cover but I found this cover on GoodReads.

That was my week in books. I spent $12.87 and tax. What did you get for your stack?

18 comments:

  1. I am super excited to read We Were Liars - I've seen a ton of glowing reviews already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just left a request for Cress at my public library. I loved the first two and am looking forward to Cress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my STS this morning! And to answer your question...no I haven't read Splintered yet....It is on my absolute MUST read list!!! :-) Happy Ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul! I am still waiting to get Cress in the mail, should be any day now. I am so excited for it!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul this week. I've heard a lot of great things about We Were Liars. Hopefully you enjoy it too.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! I've heard of Monument 14 and it sounds fab. I love the look of 'The Kiss of Deception' - what a pretty cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not as much awesomeness as your stack in mine! What a great haul you have.
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiss of Deception sounds good, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked Cress! I also have We Were Liars and Kiss of Deception to read. I look forward to comparing notes. Happy reading and thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved Cress! Kiss of Deception looks beautiful! I'll have to add that to my tbr if I haven't already. Thanks for stopping by!

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh nice! Lots of Cress going around! I couldn't get into Cinder myself, sadly. So I didn't bother continuing. Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! We Were Liars looks so good, I can't wait to read that one. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cress is tooootally awesome! I hope you like it. ;) It's brilliance, and I really love all the humour. Happy reading! My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard great things about We Were Liars and I loved Cress. I hope you enjoy your pretty new stack!

    Thanks for stopping by The Book Hookup!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like you, I can't turn down a good bargain on the Nook or Kindle.. I wonder if I will ever get them all read in my lifetime. I'm not familiar with any of these books, but hope you enjoy reading them. Thanks for the visit today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All your books look and sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great books! I've read Cinder, but really need to catch up on this series. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner last weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for Cress! I have to continue that series soon! Kiss of Deception has a gorgeous cover! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!