Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Burn Bright by Bethany Frenette

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
But, really, if I wanted to avoid demons, it probably would've been a good idea to steer clear of the Drought and Deluge, the club downtown that happened to be owned by one.
This week my teaser comes from Burn Bright by Bethany Frenette. I got this eARC from Disney Hyperion via NetGalley. I have read the first book in the series - Dark Star. Here is the description of this Feb. 25 release:
Audrey Whitticomb saved her entire city.

Well, kind of. The superhero Morning Star (who just happens to be Audrey's mom) might have played a small part, and her sidekick, Leon-Audrey's sort-of boyfriend, who is gorgeous and frustrating-maybe helped, too.

But after two peaceful months, there is a vicious new threat in Minneapolis. Her name is Susannah, and she's a Harrower, a demon hell-bent on destroying people like Morning Star, Leon, and Audrey-the Kin. Like others before her, she seeks the Remnant, a Kin girl who has the power to unleash the inhabitants of the Beneath. But to what end?

Audrey already has a ton on her plate: dealing with her best friend Tink's boy drama, helping her other best friend Gideon figure out his nightmares, and exploring the highs and lows of "dating" Leon. But when she develops a powerful new ability, Audrey seizes on the chance to fight, despite her mother's protests and Leon's pleas.

As Audrey gets closer to figuring out Susannah's motives and tracking down the Remnant, she'll uncover more than she bargained for. The terrible truth is staring Audrey in the face. But knowing the truth and accepting it are very different things.

13 comments:

  1. I. personally, don't read this genre, nevertheless, I hope you are enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting teaser choice, Kathy -
    are you enjoying the read?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure this one is for me, but I hope you are enjoying it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the teaser! Thanks for sharing!!

    Here is my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why does a demon-owned club sound like the kind of club I want to go to? Thanks for sharing and stopping by :) Hope you have a great week!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds kind of convoluted! But that can sometimes make for a good plot. Good Teaser.
    My Teaser is from SINFUL FOLK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOoh interesting! New to this book but loving your tease!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing, I guess not really my genre but generally I'm willing to give everything a go. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, steering clear probably would have been the smart thing to do, lol. My teaser: The Begonia Bribe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! Sounds like something I'd like to read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's like watching a horror movie, and you're screaming at the top of your lungs for the stupid person not to go toward the bad noise, but no! They go anyway and die.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard about this one. You have my interest.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!