Sunday, March 23, 2014

Stacking the YA Shelves (March 23, 2014)

Tynga of  Team Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

For Review:
The Girl with the Windup Heart by Kady Cross will be released on May 27. I have read the early books in this series and can't wait for this steampunk adventure.

The Diamond Thief by Sharon Gosling won't be released until Oct. 1. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Since it is only available as an Adobe Digital Edition, I won't be downloading it until nearer the time when I will be reading it. It is one of four titles that will be launching Switch Press.

TBR Pile:
Handbook for Dragon Slayers by Merrie Haskell was a Kindle Daily Deal on Friday. It sounded like a good middle grade fantasy.

The Blue-Haired Boy by Courtney C. Stevens is a prequel novella to Faking Normal which I read recently.
The Selection by Kera Cass was also on sale this week. I was misled by the cover to believe that this was a "girls in poofy dresses" story. When I found out it was a dystopia, I decided to watch for a sale. Now it is on my Kindle.

Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott was also on sale. I have seen this science fiction thriller on lots of blogs and decided I had to have a copy too.
Wild Boy: The Real Life of the Savage of Aveyon by Mary Losure is one of the finalists in the YA division of the Minnesota Book Awards. Since I'll be meeting the author in April, I wanted to have the book for autographing.

Chasing Shadows by Swati Avasthi is also Minnesota Book Award finalist. This one sounded like something my students would enjoy. 

What did you add to your stack this week?

23 comments:

  1. OOoh very nice! I got The Girl with the Windup Heart too! Ended up reading it all in one day just on Friday! It was incredible and a terrific end to the series!

    Fire & Flood was awesome too! Hope you enjoy that one once you get it! And of course, that you enjoy all your other reads too!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have The Diamond Thief and Fire and Flood myself, and I have pretty high hopes for both of them.
    The Selection was a bit of a let down for me, I may not even finish the series...
    I hope you enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my eye on The Selection for ages because it sounds really interesting (plus has a gorgeous cover), hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read the prequel novella to that Kady Cross series, but I liked it, so I don't know why I haven't finished up the series yet. I also got The Selection on sale recently. Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Haul Ms. Martin! I really enjoyed Fire & Flood, and have been wanting to read the Selection. Happy Reading all of your books :)

    Here's my STS:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2014/03/stacking-shelves-22.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice mix of books. I've seen The Girl with the Windup Heart and The Diamond Thief on several blogs. Did you know can download the ADE file multiple times? So if you don't get it finished before it expires, you can get it again. As long as it's not archived, you're good.

    happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just wondering about Kady Cross' next book the other day. Thanks for reminding me of it. I need to plan for it. Happy reading!

    Thanks for visiting my haul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOOOOH, lots of lovely books there. They all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lot of wonderful looking books there. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, well, The Selection is still kind of a "girls in poofy dresses" story! But a really good one and a little on the lighter side for a dystopian story. I really enjoyed it. I love the look of the two Steampunk books at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books for you this week! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy your new books!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lot of these are new to me. I absolutely loved The Blue-Haired Boy. Courtney Stevens is such a special talent, I think. I hope you enjoy all of your new pretties!

    Happy reading and thanks for visiting us at The Book Hookup.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to get my hands on The Blue Haired Boy! I really enjoyed Faking Normal so I need to read Bodee's story also! The Selection is one on my Kindle, hopefully I can get to it soon :) Happy reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVED Fire and Flood! Such a great read! And I'm excited for The Girl with the Windup Heart. I love that series so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Selection is a girls in pretty dresses book. :) Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd agree that The Selection can be about girls in pretty dresses. It's not very dystopian. I hope you enjoy it though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Selection is a girlier take on dystopian and I really enjoyed it! I also really look forward to reading Fire & Flood, it definitely seems action-packed and thriller. Thanks for stopping by my STS earlier on!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Selection series and already pre-ordered the last book The One. I also really want to read Fire & Flood.

    I hope you enjoy all of your new books and thanks for stopping by my STS!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to get my hands on The Selection! I hope you enjoy it!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great selection of book! I've read "The Blue-Haired Boy by Courtney C. Stevens" and loved Bodee's story :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. OOH, I've got The Girl with the Windup Heart and The Diamond Thief as well and I'm SO excited to read both! I always kind of hate when publishers only have epub versions available, since the Kindle is so convenient--but I guess I can't really complain! :)

    Have a great week! :D
    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the cover the The Diamond Thief! And I really need to check out Kady Cross' series, it looks so good. I've been hearing really good things about Fire & Flood too! Hope you enjoy your new books!

    Cyn @ Bookmunchies

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really enjoyed Fire & Flood and The Selection. Have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!