Sunday, March 30, 2014

Stacking the YA Shelves (March 30, 2014)

Tynga of  Team Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

Review Books:
This week I got A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn from Amazon Vine. I chose it because I am going to an author event at the Red Balloon in May for this author. 

I also caved in and got Dark Metropolis by Jaclyn Dolamore from NetGalley. I had been resisting because I had so many May review books on my reading stack. But then I realized that this is a June release and June isn't so filled up. 

Stack Books:
Born of Illusion by Teri Brown was a Kindle Daily Deal on Friday. I have been seeing promo for the second book in this series and been curious. Now I have the first book to read. 

The Lost Sun by Tessa Gratton is sort of the same thing. The second book is coming out and I haven't had a chance to read the first one yet. This one is a hardcover I got through Amazon Marketplace from Housing Works. 
I got Goblin Secrets and Ghoulish Song by William Alexander primarily because he will be one of the guest speakers at a conference I'll be attending soon and I'd like some autographed books for my media center. I have already read and enjoyed Goblin Secrets but haven't had a chance to read the other book yet.
I got See Me by Wendy Higgins after reading some positive reviews and becoming curious about the story.

I got Blood Red Road by Moira Young when it was a Kindle Daily Deal. I had the ARC but never read it because I really don't like dialect. However, so many people have told me how good it is that I decided to give it another try.

What did you add to your stack this week?

16 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of See Me, but it does sound good and it's only $2.99 on Amazon so I'm going to read that one. I haven't read Moira Young yet, but same thing, I keep hearing great things about her and that series. I should try it sometime. Have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that Dark Metropolis around a lot of blog recently. And See Me is one that I'm interested in checking out. Good haul!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited about Dark Metropolis, I hope it's as good as it looks! Thanks for stopping by. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read Born of Illusion first book! Happy reading!

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an ARC of Dark Metropolis! And I mostly enjoyed Born of Illusion. Enjoy your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Blood Red Road with my ears and the performance was brilliant. Once I got the voice, cadance and dialect in my head, I read the second with my eyes. Can't wait for the third! Enjoy!

    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came really close to getting Born of Illusion but I'm still unsure if I want to read it or not. Both of your review copies look really good! Thank you for visiting my STS post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to read A Creature of Moonlight. I love dragon stories. Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. See Me looks good, hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dark Metropolis looks so good! Enjoy your book haul :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Reading this week Kathy! Dark Metropolis looks interesting! I love Wendy Higgins, and want to get See Me as well! Dust Lands looks really good. I love post apocalyptic stories, and remember she this first came out that it had a lot of good reviews. Have a great week!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome haul this week! :) Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not familiar with these but they look good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, you are the second person I have seen that got Dark Metropolis! Now I am doubly jealous ;) Also- Blood Read Road was awesome! I had tried it but the dialect irritated me, so I gave up, and then tried again, and was SO glad I did, the first two books have been amazing! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Blood Read Road. Hopefully the dialog won't be to bad for you. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!