Monday, March 31, 2014

State of the Stack (March 31, 2014)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet. Yellow highlighted books are ones past their publication date that I still haven't read and reviewed. I use pink highlights for reviews due in even numbered months so that I can see at a glance how many I have for each month. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books.  


My Review Pile

April
Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong (April 8)
The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa (April 15)
House of Ivy & Sorrow by Natalie Whipple (April 15)
Otherwise Engaged by Amanda Quick (April 22)
Project Paper Doll: The Hunt by Stacey Kade (April 22)
The Islands of Chaldea by Diana Wynne Jones (April 22)
The Taking by Kimberly Derting (April 29)

May
A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn (May 6)
The Wizard's Promise by Cassandra Rose Clarke (May 6)
 Monument 14: Savage Drift by Emmy Laybourne (May 6)
Royally Lost by Angie Stanton (May 6)
Caged Warrior by Alan Lawrence Sitomer (May 13)
Mila 2.0: Renegade by Debra Driza (May 13)
We Were Liars by e. lockhart (May 13)
Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel (May 13)
Orion Poe and the Lost Explorer by Will Summerhouse (May 19)
The Summer Invitation by Charlotte Silver (May 20)
I Kill the Mockingbird by Paul Acampora (May 20)
The Lost by Sarah Beth Durst (May 27)
The Cursed by Heather Graham (May 27)
The Girl with the Windup Heart by Kady Cross (May 27)
Blur by Steven James (May 27)

June 
Vivian Divine Is Dead by Lauren Sabel (June 3)
The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu (June 3)
On The Road to Find Out by Rachel Toor (June 10)
Hexed by Michelle Kays (June 10)
Dark Metropolis by Jaclyn Dolamore (June 17)
The Quick by Lauren Owen (June 17)
The Body in the Woods by April Henry (June 17)
The Things You Kiss Goodbye by Leslie Connor (June 24)

July
The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson (July 1)
On the Fence by Kasie West (July 1)
The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (July 8 but Amazon Vine rules mean I need to review this one by the end of April)
Wild by Alex Mallory (July 8)
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (July 15)
Shipwreck Island by S. A. Bodeen (July 29)

Later
Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper (Sept. 23)
The Diamond Thief by Sharon Gosling (Oct. 21)

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. Retribution by Anderson Harp
  2. Dangerous by Shannon Hale
  3. Elusion by Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam
  4. Beneath the Patchwork Moon by Alison Kent
  5. Dash of Peril by Lori Foster
  6. Sky Raiders by Brandon Mull
  7. She Can Hide by Melinda Leigh
  8. Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
  9. Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski
  10. The Revenant of Thraxton Hall by Vaughn Entwistle
  11. The Mark of the Dragonfly by Jaleigh Johnson
  12. RedDevil 4 by Eric C. Leuthardt
  13. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
  14. Blood and Iron by Jon Sprunk
  15. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson (April 30)
  16. Notorious by Allison Brennan (April 3)
  17. Plus One by Elizabeth Fama (April 3)
Other Books Read in February but Posted in March
  1. Waking Up Pregnant by Mira Lyn Kelly
  2. The Blood Guard by Carter Roy
  3. Thrown for a Curve by Sugar Jamison
  4. Nil by Lynne Matson
  5. Night Broken by Patricia Briggs
  6. Eyes Closed Tight by Peter Leonard
  7. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
  8. Gideon's Spear by Darby Karchut
  9. Breaking Ties by Jo Grafford
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date published is listed in parentheses.
  1. Sky Raiders by Brandon Mull (March 11)
  2. Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mylnowski (March 11)
  3. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson (May 6)
  4. The Body in the Woods by April Henry (June 17)
  5. Otherwise Engaged by Amanda Quick (April 22)
  6. She Can Hide by Melinda Leigh (March 18)
  7. Shipwreck Island by S. A. Bodeen (July 29)
  8. The Summer Invitation by Charlotte Silver (May 20)
  9. On the Road to Find Out by Rachel Toor (June 10)
  10. Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens (Feb. 25)
  11. Notorious by Allison Brennan (March 25)
  12. Blood and Iron by Jon Sprunk (March 11)
  13. The Wizard's Promise by Cassandra Rose Clarke (May 6)
  14. The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa (April 15)
  15. The Quick by Lauren Owen (June 17)
  16. The Lost by Sarah Beth Durst (May 27)
  17. The Cursed by Heather Graham (May 27)
  18. The Girl with the Windup Heart by Kady Cross (May 27)
  19. The Diamond Thief by Sharon Gosling (Oct. 1)
  20. Dark Metropolis by Jaclyn Dolamore (June 17)
  21. The Chance by Robyn Carr (Feb. 25)
  22. A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn (May 6)
  23. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (July 8)
Next Month's Plan

I am currently reading Sekret by Lindsay Smith which is an April release. I also want to read The Chance by Robyn Carr next because then I won't have any review books on my stack to read after their publication day. 

Then the readathon begins. With seven more April releases and sixteen May releases on my stack, I have my work cut out for me. To make things even more complicated, all but three of the books are YAs which will make my reading very imbalanced. 

I also have to fit in my recent Amazon Vine books. Even though The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen won't be released until July, I have to read it this month to stay in good standing. I won't be posting the review on my blog until nearer the publication date but my thoughts will be posted at Amazon, GoodReads, and LibraryThing as soon as I read it. 

That's my plan. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. That is quite a stack! Good luck with it. I also have Second Star on my list.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!