Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday Memes: The Wizard's Promise by Cassandra Rose Clarke

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting The Wizard's Promise by Cassandra Rose Clarke. I got this eARC at NetGalley. I chose it because I read a two other books by her and enjoyed them. Here is the description of this May 6 release:
Hanna has spent her life hearing about the adventures of her namesake Ananna, the lady pirate, and assassin Naji. She dreams of the same adventures, but little does she know she is about to tumble into one of her own. Hanna is apprenticed to a taciturn fisherman called Kolur, and, during a day of storms and darkness, are swept wildly off course.
In this strange new land, Kolur hires a stranger to join the crew and, rather than heading home, sets a course for the dangerous island of Jadanvar. As Hanna meets a secretive merboy, and learns that Kolur has a deadly past, she soon realises that wishing for adventures is a dangerous game - because those wishes might come true.
Beginning:
I was picking ice berries for Mama's start-of-spring cake when a spark of magic smacked me in the side of the head.
Friday 56:
I didn't know what to make of Frida. She was probably the most interesting person I'd ever met, and if she'd wandered into the village one afternoon, I bet I would have tried to be her best friend. But out her on the cold water, with all those looks between her and Kolur, and all those secrets, she left me nervous. Unsettled.

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this author, but this book has my interest. Thanks for sharing!
    Here is my Beginning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this book on another blog and thought it might be something for me and now I'm convinced! Magic is one of my favourite things, both in books and movies, so I'm heading to Netgalley right now!
    Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific beginning! Lots of new things in that one sentence: ice berries, start-of-spring cake, and spark of magic. I'd read more just to find out what they are.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: RESCUE MY HEART.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed Cassandra Rose Clarke's The Assassin's Curse books, so I'll have to check this one out too.

    My Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I definitely like the girl in the 56 ;-) Fun cover on this one!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want the recipe for the start-of-spring cake. :)

    THANKS for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!