Thursday, May 1, 2014

ARC Review: Royally Lost by Angie Stanton

Royally Lost
Author: Angie Stanton
Publication: HarperTeen (May 6, 2014)

Description: Perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen, Susane Colasanti, and Jenny Han, Angie Stanton's brand-new romance asks the question, What would it be like to fall in love with a prince?

Dragged on a family trip to Europe, Becca wants nothing more than to go home. Trapped with her emotionally distant father, overeager stepmother, and a brother who only wants to hook up with European hotties, Becca is miserable. Until she meets Nikolai.

Nikolai has everything—he's a crown prince, heir to the throne, and girls adore him. But the one thing he doesn't have is freedom . . . so he flees his kingdom and goes on his own European trip.

And when Nikolai and Becca meet, sparks fly. But Becca's family vacation ends in a matter of days. Will Nikolai and Becca be forced to say good-bye, or will they change history forever?

My Thoughts: ROYALLY LOST was a heart-warming contemporary romance. Becca is on a family trip that she didn't want to take. She is on a riverboat cruise with her distant dad, stepmother, and brother. Her stepmother wants the family to bond but Becca isn't interested.

Prince Nikolai is tired of toeing the line and meeting his old-fashioned parents' expectations. The final straw comes when the demand that he join the military. He fills a backpack and cleans out his cash and decides to take off so that his parents will know he is serious.

The two meet and form a friendship which quickly becomes a romance. They have lots of adventures dodging her parents and the paparazzi. At each stop on the tour they get to know each other better. And both of them find ways to let the people who love them know that they have to listen to what they really want in their lives.

I liked the Becca's relationship with her new stepmother improves throughout the story. I'm only sorry that her relationship with her father doesn't seem to change. Nikolai also manages to make some changes for the better in his family too.

This was a sweet romance that also talked about finding yourself and deciding what is worth taking a stand about. Romance fans will enjoy this story.

Favorite Quote:
Dylan stopped messing with his phone and looked up. "You're right. I used to be perfect. When Mom was alive, she was sick for so long that I made a bargain with God."

Dylan didn't talk about their mom very often. Neither of them did.

"If God let her live, I'd be perfect and do everything expected of me. And I did for a long time.""But then she got worse," Becca whispered.

"And died," he said. "I think that's the last day I ever cared what authority figures said." Dylan stood and tossed his phone on the bed. "Life's too short. It's not worth doing what other people want, just to please them. Sorry, but it's how I feel."
I got this eARC through Edelweiss. You can buy your copy here.

1 comment:

  1. This is the second positive review I have read for this book. Its just moved up my summer reading list. ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!