Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Memes: Mila 2.0: Renegade by Debra Driza

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Mila 2.0: Renegade by Debra Driza. I got this eARC from Edelweiss. Here is the description of this May 13 release:
This suspenseful, heart-wrenching follow-up to Debra Driza's MILA 2.0 will leave readers racing to turn the last page.

Mila is back on the run—this time with potential boyfriend Hunter by her side. As they search for a man who might know more about her mysterious past, Mila must rely on her android abilities to protect them from the people who want her dead. But embracing her identity as a machine leads her to question the state of her humanity, as well as Hunter's true intentions.

Fans of books filled with mystery and intrigue, like The Bourne Identity and I Am Number Four, will find everything they're looking for in this exciting series, including several unexpected surprises.
Beginning:
If I could record real-life moments in my head like a DVR, this afternoon would top the list as one of the most replayed.
Friday 56:
Scattered lamp posts lit the boardwalk, the moon reflected off the ocean. It was all so beautiful, peaceful. The salty breeze wafted over us. Hunter's fingers lightly squeezed my hand, and I realized he was doing it without thought.
Like we were a couple. 

9 comments:

  1. GREAT beginning. I want to know more about that special afternoon and would keep reading to find out. I also enjoyed the description in your Friday56 choice. The author sets a lovely scene. I hope you like the book.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: DARLIN' IRISH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those books you see around and everyone has read it, but you for some reason haven't. It does sound interesting though.
    My Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beginning and the 56 on this book. The author's writing style is really unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the attention to detail on your Friday 56 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading that beginning, I would keep reading.....

    Here is my Book Beginning post!!


    What a 56!!

    Here is my Friday 56post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great beginning, and 56. Sounds like something I would enjoy ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Mila but need to read it still.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the 56 and BB you chose this week, that beginning makes me want to keep reading. I guess I better start this series :)
    Here's my Friday 56
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  9. ENJOY....I don't read this genre, but I like the cover.

    THANKS for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!