Monday, May 26, 2014

State of the Stack (May 26, 2014)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet. Yellow highlighted books are ones past their publication date that I still haven't read and reviewed. I use pink highlights for reviews due in even numbered months so that I can see at a glance how many I have for each month. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books.  


I also do this post because sometimes (frequently) review books sit on my stack for a while before I read and review them. I try to read and review books within two weeks of publication date. Sometimes I can't, though, if too many books are releasing on the same date or if the book arrives too near its publication date and my calendar is already full. 

I am very grateful to the authors and publishers who support my reading habit. 

My Review Pile

As listed below, I had quite a few additions to the pile this month. Here is what I have in order of their release dates.

Post-Release
I got this trilogy from Amazon via NetGalley in mid-April and hope to read it sometime in June.

The Garden of Stones by Mark T. Barnes (May 21, 2013)
The Obsidian Heart by Mark T. Barnes (Oct. 15, 2013)
The Pillars of Sand by Mark T. Barnes (May 20, 2014)

June
The Body in the Woods by April Henry (June 17)
The Things You Kiss Goodbye by Leslie Connor (June 24)

July
Straddling the Line by Jaci Burton (July 1)
The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson (July 1)
On the Fence by Kasie West (July 1)
Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne (July 8)
Wild by Alex Mallory (July 8)
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (July 15)
Shipwreck Island by S. A. Bodeen (July 29)

August
Frostborn by Lou Anders (August 5)
Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre (August 5)
Memory Zero by Keri Arthur (August 26)
Feral by Holly Schindler (August 26)

September
Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson (Sept. 2)
Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley (Sept. 2)
Blackbird by Anna Carey (Sept. 9)
Get Even by Gretchen McNeil (Sept. 16)
The Magic Thief: Home by Sarah Prineas (Sept. 16)
Adrenaline Crash by Laurie Boyle Crompton (Sept. 23)
Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin (Sept. 23)
Firebug by Lish McBride (Sept. 23)
Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper (Sept. 23)

October
The Diamond Thief by Sharon Gosling (Oct. 1)
Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin (Oct. 7)
Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios (Oct. 7)
Kiss Kill Vanish by Jessica Martinez (Oct. 7)
Stray by Elissa Sussman (Oct. 7)
Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot (Oct. 14)
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (Oct. 14)
Centaur Rising by Jane Yolen (Oct. 21)
Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker (Oct. 21)
Get Happy by Mary Amato (Oct. 28)

November
The Book of Storms by Ruth Hatfield (Nov. 11)
On the Edge by Allison Van Diepen (Nov. 25)

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris 
  2. Caged Warrior by Alan Lawrence Sitomer
  3. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
  4. Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel
  5. The Summer Invitation by Charlotte Silver
  6. Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn
  7. Risky Game by Tracy Solheim
  8. Mila 2.0: Renegade by Debra Driza
  9. The Cursed by Heather Graham
  10. I Kill the Mockingbird by Paul Acampora
  11. The Girl with the Windup Heart by Kady Cross
  12. Blur by Steven James
  13. The Lost by Sarah Beth Durst (May 29)
  14. The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu (May 29)
  15. Honor's Queen by Rachel Bach (June 5)
  16. Take Me On by Katie McGarry
  17. Vivian Divine Is Dead by Lauren Sabel (May 31)
  18. Hexed by Michelle Krys (June 5)
  19. Fatal Affair by Marie Force (June 7)
  20. On the Road to Find Out by Rachel Toor (June 7)
  21. The Quick by Lauren Owen (June 12)
  22. Jessie Elliot Is a Big Chicken by Elise Gravel (June 4)
  23. Dark Metropolis by Jaclyn Dollamore (June 12)
  24. That Night by Chevy Stevens (June 14)
Read in April, Posted in May (or Later)
  1. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson (April 30)
  2. A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn (May 1)
  3. Royally Lost by Angie Stanton (May 1)
  4. Monument 14: Savage Drift by Emmy Laybourne (May 3)
  5. The Falconer by Elizabeth May (May 3)
  6. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (July 5)
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date published is listed in parentheses.
  1. Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre (Aug. 5)
  2. That Night by Chevy Stevens (June 17)
  3. Fatal Affair by Marie Force (Feb. 25, 2014)
  4. Firebug by Lish McBride (Sept. 23)
  5. The Magic Thief: Home by Sarah Prineas (Sept. 16)
  6. Get Even by Gretchen McNeil (Sept. 16)
  7. Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin (Sept. 23)
  8. Stray by Elissa Sussman (Oct. 7)
  9. Kiss Kill Vanish by Jessica Martinez (Oct. 7)
  10. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (Oct. 14)
  11. Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot (Oct. 14)
  12. Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker (Oct. 21)
  13. Get Happy by Mary Amato (Oct. 28)
  14. On the Edge by Allison van Diepen (Nov. 25)
  15. Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios (Oct. 7)
  16. Blackbird by Anna Carey (Sept. 16)
  17. Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley (Sept. 9)
  18. Don't Touch by Rachel Wilson (Sept. 2)
  19. Feral by Holly Schindler (Aug. 26)
  20. Memory Zero by Keri Arthur (Aug. 26)
  21. The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry (Sept. 23)
  22. Take Me On by Katie McGarry (May 27)
  23. Adrenaline Crush by Laurie Boyle Crompton (Sept. 23)
  24. Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin (Oct. 7)
  25. Frostborn by Lou Anders (Aug. 5)
  26. Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne (July 8)
  27. The Book of Storms by Ruth Hatfield (Nov. 11)
  28. Centaur Rising by Jane Yolen (Oct. 21)
  29. Straddling the Line by Jaci Burton (July 1)
  30. Jessie Elliot Is a Big Chicken by Elisa Gravel (May 20)
Next Month's Plan

I have managed to get quite a few books ahead. I should finish all of my June review books by the end of May. I am eager to read some of the books on my TBR mountain that are not review books during my summer vacation when I try very hard to read a book a day. 

1 comment:

  1. Great book haul... I love the cover for The Body in the Woods...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!