Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
But honestly, if what Alice did (or maybe didn't do) had been held up as some great achievement by everyone at Healy High, I would have still hung out with her. If everyone still liked her, I would have liked her too.

I know I sound like the worst person on Earth. I'm totally owning that.
This week my teaser comes from The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu. I got this ARC from Macmillan. Here is the description of this June 3 release:
Everyone knows Alice slept with two guys at one party. When Healy High star quarterback, Brandon Fitzsimmons, dies in a car crash, it was because he was sexting with Alice. Ask anybody.

Rumor has it Alice Franklin is a slut. It's written all over the "slut stall" in the girls' bathroom: "Alice had sex in exchange for math test answers" and "Alice got an abortion last semester." After Brandon dies, the rumors start to spiral out of control. In this remarkable debut novel, four Healy High students tell all they "know" about Alice--and in doing so reveal their own secrets and motivations, painting a raw look at the realities of teen life. But in this novel from Jennifer Mathieu, exactly what is the truth about Alice? In the end there's only one person to ask: Alice herself.

12 comments:

  1. I am sure there is more to Alice than what is being told. Look forward to your thoughts on this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it 'funny' how people are so eager to point out weaknesses in others that they cannot see in themselves. :/

    TBR'd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now I'm intrigued...I don't often read this genre, but I love the sound of this one.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one! You have my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow the cover is so interesting. I would read this one I think!

    thanks for stopping by and thanks for sharing!

    trish - my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting tease! No idea who this Alice person is, but definitely curious now!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great teaser. This sounds awesome. I will put on my TBR list! t\Thanks for stopping by my site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting tease. High school is tough on a girl, especially when everyone knows her dirty deeds. I hope Alice overcomes this.
    Thanks for stopping by for my tease:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. But what did Alice do??
    Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! I definitely want to read this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It doesn't seem like my cup of tea, but the teaser is really nice! Thanks for stopping by my blog, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard a lot about this book but I'm not sure if I'd like it. My high school didn't have any of that kind of bullying so most of these books seem over-exaggerated to me. I just don't understand because I never experienced it, and therefore the characters' actions usually frustrate me. It would be interesting to know what you thought of it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!