Sunday, June 15, 2014

Stacking the YA Shelves (June 15, 2014)

Tynga of  Team Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

Here is what landed in my mailbox this week.
I bought a copy of Inquiry and the Common Core: Librarians and Teachers Designing Teaching for Learning by Violet H. Harada. This is going to be my summer professional read.

I downloaded the two SYNC Audiobooks this week too. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein has been on my TBR Mountain since it was released. Maybe now I will finally take the time to read it. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom was the companion book. 
I added to my review stack this week too.

Wood Sprites by Wen Spencer is a middle grade fantasy set in the same world as her adult books. I have read the adult books but will be re-reading them before I tackle this one. I liked the world and wonder how the story will translate for kids. 

I got three more books from Macmillan this week too. These are all September releases.

Starry Night by Isabel Gillies sounds like an interesting romance.

Evidence of Things Not Seen by Lindsey Lane sounds like a sort of mysterious story.
The Vault of the Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien has been getting lots of buzz. I'm so eager to read this one that I got an eARC from NetGalley last week because I was afraid the print ARC had gone astray. 

I also got Thursdays with the Crown by Jessica Day George for review from NetGalley. I have read and enjoyed the rest of this middle grade series and love sharing it with my students.

Finally, when Crash Into You by Katie McGarry was a Kindle Daily Deal, I had to add the finished copy to my Kindle. I have already read and reviewed the ARC.

What did you add to your stack this week?

18 comments:

  1. Very nice! Seeing lots of Vault of Dreamers! Can't decide if I want to read it yet. Have too many books I need to read as it is! Eep! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got some great books this week! Starry Night sounds good and I love Katie McGarry. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by earlier!

    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always amazed at how much and how widely you read! Enjoy your haul and thanks for stopping by my Stack. I loved Countdown as well and I think you may be right. I've had a couple of kids pick it up. But historical fiction is such a hard sell around my library unless the kids are doing a genre bingo.

    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books for you this week! I hope you enjoy them! Thanks for stopping by my STS>
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have mixed feelings on Code Name Verity - makes me want to re-read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read Code Name Verity, I say I'm going to pick it up all the time but don't. It's one I keep swaying 50/50 over, haha. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read one of Katie McGarry's books! They all have such brilliant reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some nice books here! I'm really interested in reading Code Name Verity and The Vault of Dreamers soon. They seem like great reads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been seeing The Vault of the Dreamers on lots of blogs; I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always wonderful to find another school library/media center worker! Thanks for the comment!

    I love the design of your blog, by the way. Jenni @ BookandBabes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Crash Into You! Hope you get Blood Games soon. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely haul! I'm really looking forward to Evidence of Things Not Seen and Vault of Dreamers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some great titles there! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Code Name Verity! And Starry Night looks really cute! Ah. everyone's getting The Vault of Dreamers, it looks really cool! Hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Code Name Verity sounds great, and I've seen a lot of bloggers talking about it! I added it to my list to read, so I might have to make a trip to the library and check it out sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got Thursdays with the Crown too. It's such a fun series for kids. You got some fun books this week. Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved Code Name Verity! I hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, great week! :D I'm really curious about Evidence of Things Not Seen. I love the cover but am not convinced to read it yet. :) LOVE the cover for Starry Night too!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!