Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Dark Metropolis by Jaclyn Dolamore

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
A broad hand clamped over her mouth before she could answer. The guards hauled her from the room.
This week my teaser comes from Dark Metropolis by Jaclyn Dolamore. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description of this June 17 release:
People are disappearing. Sixteen-year-old Thea Holder hears the rumors, but she can barely make ends meet, let alone worry about strangers who've gone missing. Her mother is cursed with a spell that's driving her mad, and whenever they touch, Thea is chilled by the magic, too. Thea must make a living for both of them in this sinister city, where danger lurks and greed rules.

Thea spends her nights waitressing at the decadent Telephone Club, attending to the glitzy clientele. But when her best friend, Nan, vanishes, Thea is compelled to find her. She meets Freddy, a young, magnetic patron at the club, and he agrees to help her uncover the city's secrets-even as he hides secrets of his own.

Together, they discover a new side of the city. Unrest is brewing behind closed doors as whispers of a gruesome magic spread. And if Thea and Freddy aren't careful, the masterminds behind the growing disappearances will be after them, too.

Perfect for fans of Cassandra Clare, this is a chilling thriller with a touch of magic where the dead don't always seem to stay that way.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, I would keep reading! Love YA fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! And I like the cover. Thanks for sharing!

    Trish - My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice tease! Kept debating about this one! Can't wait for your review!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Cassandra Clare's books so I will have to check this one out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes. Hope it continues to be exciting. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would keep reading this one. Going to have to check it out. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so great! I'd definitely love to read it. And the cover looks beautiful! Sounds like it has less humour than Cassandra Clare's novels though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh.... sounds intense!!
    Thanx for visiting my TT

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!