Monday, July 7, 2014

Bookish Coincidences

Has this ever happened to you?
I was reading Death and the Girl Next Door by Darynda Jones and came across a phrase I haven't heard in quite a while - even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I didn't pay too much attention except to think that I hadn't heard that phrase for quite a while.

Then I started reading Hammered by Kevin Hearne and the same phrase popped up again. This time it really caught my attention.

Both of the books are paranormals but one is YA and the other is from my adult stack. Both books have been sitting on my TBR mountain for quite a while. I added Death and the Girl Next Door on Dec. 18, 2012. I added Hammered on July 7, 2011.

I just thought of another coincidence in the two books. Both main characters have red hair. Otherwise, they aren't much alike. Lorelei from Death and the Girl Next Door is a 5-foot-tall high school sophomore. In Hammered, Atticus is the last remaining Druid and over 2000 years old.

Have you run across any coincidences in your reading?

2 comments:

  1. All the time! Odd little things too!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed Norse gods popping up in several of the books I've read lately, including Shattered. It's funny because they're not gods I've run across before, but suddenly they seem to be everywhere!

    Terri @ Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!