Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday Memes: Shipwreck Island by S. A. Bodeen

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


This week I am spotlighting Shipwreck Island by S. A. Bodeen. I got this ARC from Macmillan. Here is the description of this July 29 release:
Sarah Robinson is deeply troubled in the wake of her dad’s second marriage. She now has to deal with a new stepmom and two stepbrothers, Marco, who is her age, and Nacho, who’s younger. Even though they’ve all moved from Texas to California to start life as a new, blended family, none of the kids seem remotely happy about it.

Sarah’s dad and stepmom then decide to take the whole family on a special vacation in order to break the ice and have everyone get to know one another. They’ll fly to Tahiti, charter a boat, and go sailing for a few days. It’ll be an adventure, right?

Wrong. Dead wrong.

Shipwreck Island is the first installment in a series from S.A. Bodeen.
Beginning:
Sarah Robinson had been ordered to pack a suitcase and, to the best of her ability, she was going to use the task to express her displeasure at the mess her life had become.
Friday 56:
He was getting the feeling that the trip was like a test of some sort for the Robinsons, to see if this new family was going to work. So far, really, it couldn't have been going any worse.

7 comments:

  1. I'll bet it's hard for children to fit into blended families. What if you don't like your new sister or brother? I would like to know how this family vacation will work out know they will run into a storm or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds like a fun adventure! I have a blended family though we were very lucky to get married when the kids were all pretty young. Thanks for sharing! I'll definitely have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all their relationships will turn out for the better after this shipwreck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny that the author chose the name "Robinson" for this family! This sounds like a terrific story with many different challenges: the change from Texas to California, blending a family, and the difficulty of living in close quarters on a boat. Lots of opportunities for conflict!
    Here's the link to my Friday post: REMIX.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The water looks pretty rough. I hope the family relationships aren't rough, but it sounds like they are.

    THANKS for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking the same thing as Sandra....Robinsons heading out on a family adventure. Can't be good.... :-)

    I've been away from the meme for a while, but trying to get back in the swing of things. Here's my Friday Post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I instantly thought of Swiss Family Robinson after reading the snippets and seeing that cover.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!