Friday, July 4, 2014

Friday Memes: Wild by Alex Mallory

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


This week I am spotlighting Wild by Alex Mallory. I was intrigued by the idea of a modern retelling of Tarzan of the Apes. Here is the description of this July 8 release:
Cade, a teen raised alone in the wilderness, is thrust into civilization in this modern retelling ofTarzan.

No one knows the forest better than Cade, who has spent his entire life there, foraging, hunting, and surviving. Raised to believe no one else is left in the world, he is shocked when he encounters Dara, a modern girl on a camping trip in his woods. And when an accident forces him back into society with her, he begins to question his entire life. Together, Cade and Dara attempt to handle their newfound celebrity as the media closes in. But the truth of Cade's past might be too much for either of them.

Alex Mallory's action-packed and romantic tale is told from both Cade's and Dara's point of view and is perfect for fans of contemporary and dystopian YA as well as classic survival stories such as HatchetLord of the Flies, and Tarzan.
Beginning:
Watching the outsiders build a camp, Cade felt a particular hum run through him. 
Friday 56:
Cade didn't understand it, but he knew he didn't like it. He liked it even less when Josh put his mouth on Dara's and clasped the back of her neck. She twisted her hands in his shirt; to Cade, it looked like she wanted to put space between them.

7 comments:

  1. Makes me wonder what Cade is going to do about it, if anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spotted this yesterday on someones blog. Looks exciting. Is she really wanting away or is it Cade's wishful thinking? I wonder.
    Here's my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/07/04/the-friday-56-26-wherewolves-no-i-didnt-spell-it-wrong/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really interesting. I'm definitely intrigued to see how a modern retelling of Tarzan works out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an excellent story. The possibilities for conflict are endless! I'll read this one for sure.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: SIX MONTHS IN MONTANA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a retelling of Tarzan?! I definitely want to read this one :D

    my BB and 56

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess Cade wants Dara, ey?! I see a battle of men looming... lol

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Cade. That Josh seems like a real troublemaker.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!