Monday, July 14, 2014

I Learned Something New Today...


I got my Samsung Chromebook over a year ago. I love its size and convenience when I'm traveling. Since I do almost everything online and usually have wifi available when I travel (Free wifi is a requirement when I book a hotel or motel) it meets most of my computing needs when I'm away from home.

However, one thing always bothered me. I couldn't figure out how to deal with pictures. On my regular Windows laptop, I knew how to take a screenshot, open Paint, crop the image and save it for use. Doing that on my Chromebook seemed impossible. That meant I had a hard time doing a couple of my regular posting on my blog - Stacking the Shelves and It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

While reading my TweetDeck this morning I was led to a Google+ group all about Chromebooks in Education. Who knew? Then I found a post about 75 tips for Chromebooks. Browsing through the tips solved my picture problem.

Do you know this tip?

  1. To take a screenshot, Ctrl 100 Best Chromebook Tips, Tricks and Time Savers
  2. Take a partial screenshot by selecting the area you want to capture, CtrlShift 100 Best Chromebook Tips, Tricks and Time Savers

My love for my Chromebook is even greater after learning this one.

What have you learned today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!