Sunday, July 13, 2014

Stacking the YA Shelves (July 13, 2014)

Tynga of  Team Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

I had a pretty big week this past week thanks mostly to my attending nErDcampMI and getting all sorts of swag.

I bought these:
Stormbringers by Philippa Gregory is the second book in the Changeling series.

The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare by MG Buehrlen was a Kindle Daily Deal.
I attended a session at nErDcampMI about the best books of 2014 (so far) and added these to my Kindle for my personal reading. I also added a bunch to my next order for my HS media center.

Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith

Along with an assortment of posters, bookmarks, lesson planning kits and other stuff, these books were in my swag bag:

Finished copies:
Savvy by Ingrid Law - This is the teacher's version with 50 pages of extra stuff like a Q & A with the author and discussion questions.

Comics Squad: Recess by multiple authors of graphic novels
Rump by Liesl Shurtliff
The Troublemaker by Lauren Castillo

ARCs:
Manhunt by Kate Messner
The Great Greene Heist by Varian Johnson
Loot by Jude Watson
Curses and Smoke by Vicky Alvear Shecter
El Deafo by CeCe Bell

I downloaded the two SYNC books this week too. Both should improve my knowledge of the Civil Rights Movement.

Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice by Philip Hoose; narrated by Channie Waites

What did you add to your stack this week?

2 comments:

  1. Nice again! Still all new to me and still hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Stormbringers -- hope you do too. And, Curses and Smoke was an interesting, quick read. Enjoy! Here’s my STS.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!