Sunday, July 27, 2014

Stacking the YA Shelves (July 27, 2014)

Tynga of  Team Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.
I downloaded the two YA SYNC audiobooks that were offered. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson and Headstrong by Patrick Link. I haven't read either of them before. You can still download these two until Thursday here.
I bought Asylum by Madeleine Roux because I will be attending an author event featuring her this fall. Normally, I avoid horror but I wanted something for her to autograph. This may go directly to my high school media center unread. 

I also bought The Strange Maid by Tessa Gratton. I recently read The Lost Sun and wanted to continue the story. 

What did you add to your stacks this week?

10 comments:

  1. Nice! Those are new to me! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asylum looks freaky! Hope you enjoy your new books!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I like horror, but whenever I read it, I don't sleep for like 3 days, haha. I've been interested in Asylum for awhile, but haven't had the nerve to read it.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting selection of books. I haven't heard about any of them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wavering between giving Asylum a shot or not. I've read mixed reactions over it. Of course, I won't know where I stand if I don't read it for myself. We'll see if I'm in the mood for it in the Fall. Enjoy your books! :)

    Marlene @ The Flyleaf Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to start Tessa Gratton's series for ages, though who knows when I'll get to that. :) I really want to read Asylum, though I would imagine if you're not a horror fan, it might not be great. I don't know. :D

    Have a great week Kathy!
    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! Asylum looks crazy scary, I hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul... the cover to Asylum is creepy! Enjoy it!

    Have a great week!
    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of these, either, but of course I've heard of the Robert Stevenson book. The others are completely new to me.

    I really should read the "Jekyll & Hyde" novel;n after all, it's a classic. And I like the looks of "The Strange Maid". Very intriguing! Of course, I should then read "The Lost Sun".

    Hope you enjoy them all! Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my own STS post!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both Asylum and The Strange Maid have spooky covers. I don't read much horror, but I hope you enjoy the books.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!