Monday, July 28, 2014

State of the Stack (July 28, 2014)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet. Yellow highlighted books are ones past their publication date that I still haven't read and reviewed. I use pink highlights for reviews due in even numbered months so that I can see at a glance how many I have for each month. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books.  


I also do this post because sometimes (frequently) review books sit on my stack for a while before I read and review them. I try to read and review books within two weeks of publication date. Sometimes I can't, though, if too many books are releasing on the same date or if the book arrives too near its publication date and my calendar is already full. 

I am very grateful to the authors and publishers who support my reading habit. 

My Review Pile

September
Wood Sprites by Wen Spencer (Sept. 2)
Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley (Sept. 9)
The Magic Thief: Home by Sarah Prineas (Sept. 16)
Get Even by Gretchen McNeil (Sept. 16)
Blackbird by Anna Carey (Sept. 16)
The Vault of the Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien (Sept. 16)
Evidence of Things Not Seen by Lindsey Lane (Sept. 16)
Firebug by Lish McBride (Sept. 23)
Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin (Sept. 23)
Adrenaline Crush by Laurie Boyle Crompton (Sept. 23)
Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan (Sept. 23)
Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper (Sept. 23)

October 
The Diamond Thief by Sharon Gosling (Oct. 1)
Stray by Elissa Sussman (Oct. 7)
Kiss Kill Vanish by Jessica Martinez (Oct. 7)
Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios (Oct. 7)
Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin (Oct. 7)
Thursdays with the Crown by Jessica Day George (Oct. 7)
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (Oct. 14)
Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot (Oct. 14)
Clariel by Garth Nix (Oct. 14)
Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker (Oct. 21)
Centaur Rising by Jane Yolen (Oct. 21)
Get Happy by Mary Amato (Oct. 28)

November
Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Nov. 4)
The Book of Storms by Ruth (Nov. 11)
On the Edge by Allison Van Diepen (Nov. 25)

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. For All Time by Jude Deveraux
  2. Visions by Kelley Armstrong (Aug. 14)
  3. For Her Spy Only by Robyn DeHart
  4. Love's Justice by Joan Avery
  5. Guilt by Association by Marcia Clark (Aug. 6)
  6. Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs (Sept. 18)
  7. Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews (Oct. 23)
  8. Feral by Holly Schindler (Aug. 23)
  9. No Limits by Lori Foster (Sept. 11)
  10. Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes (Aug. 20)
  11. Starry Night by Isabel Gillies (Aug. 28)
  12. The Jewel by Amy Ewing (Aug. 27)
  13. Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson (Aug. 30)
Read Last Month, Reviews Posted This Month
  1. Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
  2. Wild by Alex Mallory 
  3. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson 
  4. Cast in Flame by Michelle Sagara 
  5. Shipwreck Island by S. A. Bodeen 
  6. Invincible by Diana Palmer 
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date published is listed in parentheses. I have included cover pictures for the ones already read.
  1. For Her Spy Only by Robyn DeHart (July 21)
  2. Love's Justice by Joan Avery (July 21)
  3. Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan (Sept. 23)
  4. The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness (July 15)
  5. Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes (Sept. 2)
  6. The Jewel by Amy Ewing (Sept. 2)
Next Month's Plan

I would really, really like to read and schedule the review posts for all of the September releases on my stack before I go back to work on August 25. Once my new school year starts, my reading time diminishes. With the number of books I need to read and review in September and October, I need all the headstart I can get. I have already read and scheduled reviews for five September releases and one October release and it doesn't feel like I've lowered the stack at all.

1 comment:

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!