Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
Kyra knew the fear deeply, the worry that getting off the streets had been a fluke, that she would somehow lose everything and end up back where she started. She'd grown better at suppressing it over the years, but it had never completely disappeared.
This week my teaser comes from Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne. I got this eARC from Disney-Hyperion through NetGalley. Here is the description of this July 8 release:
Growing up on Forge's streets has taught Kyra how to stretch a coin. And when that's not enough, her uncanny ability to scale walls and bypass guards helps her take what she needs.

But when the leader of the Assassins Guild offers Kyra a lucrative job, she hesitates. She knows how to get by on her own, and she's not sure she wants to play by his rules. But he is persistent-and darkly attractive-and Kyra can't quite resist his pull.

Tristam of Brancel is a young Palace knight on a mission. After his best friend is brutally murdered by the Demon Riders, a clan of vicious warriors who ride bloodthirsty wildcats, Tristam vows to take them down. But as his investigation deepens, he finds his efforts thwarted by a talented thief, one who sneaks past Palace defenses with uncanny ease.

When a fateful raid throws Kyra and Tristam together, the two enemies realize that their best chance at survival-and vengeance-might be to join forces. And as their loyalties are tested to the breaking point, they learn a startling secret about Kyra's past that threatens to reshape both their lives.

18 comments:

  1. Love the teaser! The book sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice tease! Couldn't really get into this one but hope you enjoyed it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both the comments above! I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this book!

    My teaser this week is a re-read of a favorite series and author. From Anne Bishop’s Black Jewels series: Dreams Made Flesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice teaser -- sounds like a good one, and I love the cover. Thanks for visiting! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm intrigued. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very intriguing! Love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son would enjoy reading this.
    Thanks for posting!

    http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2014/07/teaser-tuesdays-is-weekly-bookish-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds intriguing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder what was so bad where she started from. Intriguing tease.

    Thanks for stopping by today:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, great teaser! I'm looking forward to checking out this book, sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a good book! Will be watching for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can feel her fear. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, awesome Teaser!! I just read this last month and LOVED it!! I can't wait for the next book!!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kathy,

    Whilst this isn't a book that I would necessarily choose to read, I can still appreciate your well chosen teaser lines and the emotion which might be attached to them.

    Thanks for sharing and I appreciate your visit over at Fiction Books, I love chatting to commenters.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely intrigued! Great tease.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the cover of this one! Thanks (again!) for stopping by Shut Up & Read!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really enjoyed this one! Kyra's background was really interesting and worked well, I thought. :) Great teaser!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!