Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Starglass by Phoebe North

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"Last night," I said, "I saw him, with Mar Jacobi, on the way home from work."

"Oh, that's so sad," she replied. "That must have been right before he died, right?"

I turned to look at her. Her eyes were large and shining. Everything was so simple for Rachel—black and white.

"Must have been," I said quickly as I started off across the field.
This week my teaser comes from a science fiction novel that has been on my TBR mountain since December of 2013 - Starglass by Phoebe North. Here is the description:
Terra has never known anything but life aboard the Asherah, a city-within-a-spaceship that left Earth five hundred years ago in search of refuge. At sixteen, working a job that doesn't interest her, and living with a grieving father who only notices her when he's yelling, Terra is sure that there has to be more to life than what she's got.

But when she inadvertently witnesses the captain's guard murdering an innocent man, Terra is suddenly thrust into the dark world beneath her ship's idyllic surface. As she's drawn into a secret rebellion determined to restore power to the people, Terra discovers that her choices may determine life or death for the people she cares most about. With mere months to go before landing on the long-promised planet, Terra has to make the decision of a lifetime--one that will determine the fate of her people.

3 comments:

  1. OOoh that's kind of mysterious sounding!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But was it as clear cut as that? I somehow think not. Great teaser, love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good one. I'll watch for it.
    My teaser is from Losing Touch

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!