Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Memes: Feral by Holly Schindler

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


This week I am spotlighting Feral by Holly Schindler. I got this eARC from Edelweiss. Here is the description of this August 26 release.
The Lovely Bones meets Black Swan in this haunting psychological thriller with twists and turns that will keep readers guessing until the very last page.

It's too late for you. You're dead. Those words continue to haunt Claire Cain months after she barely survived a brutal beating in Chicago. So when her father is offered a job in another state, Claire is hopeful that getting out will offer her a new start. But when she arrives in Peculiar, Missouri, Claire feels an overwhelming sense of danger. Her fears are confirmed when she discovers the dead body of a popular high school student in the icy woods behind the school, surrounded by the town's feral cats. Claire knows there's more to this "accident" than meets the eye. But the closer she gets to finding out the truth, the closer she also gets to realizing a frightening reality about herself. . . .
Beginning:
In the rugged, underbrush-riddled rural town of Peculiar, Missouri, at the beginning of a January sleet storm, and beneath the dimming orange hues of dusk, a body lay half out of the window that led to the high school basement.
Friday 56:
Claire speeds up, flexing the thighs the feel tight beneath the wintry chill. The footsteps behind her thunder in a way that makes Claire believe not only that the boys are trailing her, but that they know she's now aware of being followed.

9 comments:

  1. This one sounds intense...I love a good psychological thriller. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thrillers and have seen this around. Another one to add to my TBR mountain. ^_^ I am reading A Human Element by Donna Galanti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read very few thrillers... I think I'll check it out! :) Thanx for sharing! :)

    Here is my Friday 56 and Book Beginning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this book on other's list. What do you think of it so far? Is it paranormal, a werewolf story, or just a thriller? It sounds like one that teens would like. Please answer on my blog. Thanks.
    My Friday Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this one!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good! There was a forensic based thriller series that I used to love but sadly the author stopped writing them a couple of years ago. This sounds like it could be a good replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chilling beginning and 56. I wonder why they are chasing her. I'm excited about this one and have it on my wish list.
    Here is my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/08/22/the-friday-56-33-thunder-moon-by-lori-handeland/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love books like this, but haven't read one in a while. Love the 56 and beginning!
    Here's My 56

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the beginning description. Makes you feel as though you are right there. Not a pretty sight, though, with a body hanging out of a basement window. :)

    I hope you enjoy the book.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!