Sunday, August 10, 2014

Stacking the YA Shelves (August 10, 2014)

Tynga of  Team Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

SYNC Audiobooks
The final two audiobooks of these round were both related to the Holocaust.

The Shawl by Cynthia Ozick is a short story. Living a Life that Matters: From Nazi Nightmare to American Dream by Ben Lesser is a memoir.

Books
I got Night Sky by Suzanne Brockmann and Melanie Brockmann for review from Sourcebooks Fire via NetGalley. I am a big fan of Suzanne Brockmann's adult romantic suspense novels and am eager to read this YA paranormal which is the first of a trilogy. It will be released on Oct. 7.

The Copernicus Legacy: The Forbidden Stone by Tony Abbott was a Kindle Daily Deal this week. It sounds like a series my middle grade students will enjoy.
I have to admit - I like gossip. When I saw Wild Things: Acts of Mischief in Children's Literature by Betsy Bird et al. I had to add it to my stack for professional reading this year.

What did you add to your stack this week?

3 comments:

  1. OOh nice! These are new to me! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Jessica, these are all new to me too! But Wild Things, sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon! Happy reading! :)

    Marlene @ The Flyleaf Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in two minds about Night Sky...I keep seeing it on blogs but I'm wary about YA now especially after Half Bad! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!