Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Hidden by Sophie Jordan

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
The humans at the observation desk talk in a low dull drone. One of them catches me watching him and I look away, to uncomfortable to hold his gaze, as though he might be able to see inside me to my secrets. 
This week my teaser comes from Hidden by Sophie Jordan. This is the last book in the Firelight series and has been on my TBR mountain since Sept. 13, 2012. Here is the description:
Fans of Maggie Stiefvater and Colleen Houck will love this epic tale of forbidden romance and nail-biting action from New York Times bestselling author Sophie Jordan.

In the climactic finale to the steamy Firelight series, Jacinda must fight to save her life, her love, and all of her kind.

If Jacinda were to follow the wishes of her community, she'd happily settle down with Cassian, the prince of her pride. But she just can't. She's in love with Will, a human boy who comes from a family of hunters. Their relationship breaks the most sacred rule and endangers everyone she cares about. Now Jacinda, Will, and Cassian fight back against the hunters and their shadowy allies who would destroy them all. . . .

2 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Read this one sooo long ago, but remember liking the ending! Hope you're enjoying it too!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one heck of a gaze! I still need to read the second book in this series.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!