Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday Memes: Evidence of Things Not Seen by Lindsey Lane

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


This week I am spotlighting Evidence of Things Not Seen by Lindsey Lane. I got this ARC from Macmillan. Here is the description of this Sept. 16 release:
When high school junior Tommy Smythe goes missing, everyone has a theory about what happened to him. He was an odd kid, often deeply involved in particle physics, so maybe he just got distracted and wandered off. He was last seen at a pullout off the highway, so maybe someone snatched him. Tommy believes that everything is possible, and that until something can be proven false, it may be true. So as long as Tommy’s whereabouts are undetermined, he could literally be anywhere.

Told in a series of first-person narratives from people who knew Tommy, Evidence of Things Not Seen by award-winning author Lindsey Lane explores themes of loneliness, connectedness, and the role we play in creating our own realities.
Beginning:
Really? I might be the last person who saw Tommy Smythe?
Friday 56:
He might have even noticed they were girls. But as far as dating girls or being attracted to them or doing the whole mating ritual, no way. It's way too social sciences for Tommy. Too nebulous. Too gooey.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, now I am very curious about what happened....thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “TEARS & TEQUILA”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the title of this one, but had no idea what it was about. I'm intrigued now!
    Check out my Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting way of revealing a character to a reader -- through other characters' eyes. Your Friday56 selection says a lot about Tommy.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: Beach House Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sandra, the Friday 56 certainly says a great deal about Tommy's character; I'm curious!

    Sparrow's BB & The Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it a mystery if someone saw Tommy for the last time?

    Thanks for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the 56! I've known a few kids like that. This is definitely an intriguing premise. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trippy cover.
    I'm totally grabbed by the beginning and the 56 made me wonder how old Tommy is.... I dunno, it just does.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the beginning and the Friday 56. I would definitely read this one. I like the words "too gooey."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tommy almost sounds like my son. I'm curious now.
    Here is my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/05/the-friday-56-35-cursed-a-guardian-chronicles-novel-by-trakena-prevost/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!