Monday, September 1, 2014

State of the Stack (Sept. 1, 2014)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet. Yellow highlighted books are ones past their publication date that I still haven't read and reviewed. I use pink highlights for reviews due in even numbered months so that I can see at a glance how many I have for each month. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books.  


I also do this post because sometimes (frequently) review books sit on my stack for a while before I read and review them. I try to read and review books within two weeks of publication date. Sometimes I can't, though, if too many books are releasing on the same date or if the book arrives too near its publication date and my calendar is already full. 

I am very grateful to the authors and publishers who support my reading habit. 

My Review Pile

October
Liesmith by Alis Franklin (Oct. 7)
Chasing Power by Sarah Beth Durst (Oct. 14)
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (Oct. 14)
Clariel: The Lost Abhorsen by Garth Nix (Oct. 14)
Stitching Snow by R. C. Lewis (Oct. 14)
Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker (Oct. 21)
Centaur Rising by Jane Yolen (Oct. 21)
Get Happy by Mary Amato (Oct. 28)
Atlantia by Ally Condie (Oct. 28)

November
Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Nov. 4)
The Gift of Darkness by Valentina Giambanco (Nov. 4)
Caught Dead by Andrew Lanh (Nov. 4)
Path of Needles by Alison Littlewood (Nov. 4)
True Fire by Gary Meehan (Nov. 4)
Deeper Than the Grave by Tina Whittle (Nov. 4)
The Book of Storms by Ruth Hatfield (Nov. 11)
Mrs. Kaplan and the Matzoh Ball of Death by Mark Reutlinger (Nov. 18)
On the Edge by Allison Van Diepen (Nov. 25)

December

Suspicion by Alexandra Monir (Dec. 9)
Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay (Dec. 9)
For Real by Alison Cherry (Dec. 9)

January
The Unicorn Hunter by Che Golden (Jan. 6, 2015)


I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. Wood Sprites by Wen Spencer (Sept. 3)
  2. Irresistible Forces by D. D. Ayres (Aug. 23)
  3. Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley (Sept. 4)
  4. Bound to Danger by Katie Reus (Aug. 6)
  5. Evidence of Things Not Seen by Lindsey Lane (Sept. 6)
  6. The Vault of the Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien (Sept. 11)
  7. Get Even by Gretchen McNeil (Sept. 13)
  8. Blackbird by Anna Carey (Sept. 18)
  9. Adrenaline Crush by Laurie Boyle Crompton (Sept. 17)
  10. The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry (Sept. 20)
  11. Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan (Sept. 15)
  12. Silent Murders by Mary Miley (Sept. 20)
  13. The Man from Stone Creek by Linda Lael Miller (Sept. 27)
  14. Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper (Sept. 25)
  15. Courting Magic by Stephanie Burgis (Aug. 18)
  16. Firebug by Lish McBride (Sept. 24)
  17. Two of a Kind by Susan Mallery (Oct. 2)
  18. Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin (Sept. 27)
  19. Pecan Pies and Deadly Lies by Nancy Naigle (Oct. 4)
  20. Night Sky by Melanie Brockmann and Suzanne Brockmann (Oct.2 )
  21. Thursdays with the Crown by Jessica Day George (Oct. 6)
  22. Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios (Oct. 1)
  23. Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin (Oct. 4)
  24. The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (Sept. 8)
  25. Stray by Elissa Sussman (Oct. 9)
  26. A Penny for the Hangman by Tom Savage (Oct. 1)
  27. Kiss Kill Vanish by Jessica Martinez (Oct. 8)
  28. Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot (Oct. 11)
  29. Harbor Island by Carla Neggers (Sept. 25)
Read Earlier, Reviews Posted This Month
  1. Frostborn by Lou Anders
  2. Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre
  3. Guilt by Association by Marcia Clark
  4. Visions by Kelley Armstrong
  5. Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes (Aug. 20)
  6. Feral by Holly Schindler (Aug. 23)
  7. The Jewel by Amy Ewing (Aug. 27)
  8. Starry Night by Isabel Gillies (Aug. 28)
  9. Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson (Aug. 30)
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date  published is listed in parentheses. I included cover photos of the ones I have already read and scheduled the review for. 

  1. Irresistible Force by D. D. Ayres (Aug. 26)
  2. Bound to Danger by Katie Reus (Aug. 5)
  3. Silent Murders by Mary Miley (Sept. 23)
  4. Stitching Snow by R. C. Lewis (Oct. 14)
  5. Two of a Kind by Susan Mallory (July 5, 2013)
  6. The Man from Stone Creek by Linda Lael Miller (Feb. 26, 2013)
  7. Pecan Pies and Deadly Lies by Nancy Naigle (Sept. 24, 2013)
  8. Night Sky by Suzanne Brockmann and Melanie Brockmann (Oct. 7)
  9. Courting Magic by Stephanie Burgis (Aug. 11)
  10. Atlantia by Ally Condie (Oct. 28)
  11. For Real by Alison Cherry (Dec. 9)
  12. Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay (Dec. 9)
  13. Suspicion by Alexandra Monir (Dec. 9)
  14. The Unicorn Hunter by Che Golden (Jan. 6, 2015)
  15. True Fire by Gary Meehan (Nov. 4)
  16. Path of Needles by Alison Littlewood (Nov. 4)
  17. The Gift of the Darkness by Valentina Giambanco (Nov. 4)
  18. Caught Dead by Andrew Lanh (Nov. 4)
  19. Deeper Than the Grave by Tina Whittle (Nov. 4)
  20. Chasing Power by Sarah Beth Durst (Oct. 14)
  21. The Red Book of Primrose House by Marty Wingate (Nov. 4)
  22. A Penny for the Hangman by Tom Savage (Oct. 7)
  23. Mrs. Kaplan and the Matzoh Ball of Death by Mark Reutlinger (Nov. 18)
  24. The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (Sept. 9)
  25. Liesmith by Alis Franklin (Oct. 9)
  26. Harbor Island by Carla Neggers (Aug. 26)
Next Month's Plan

My plan is to stay ahead! I met my August goal of having all of my September review books read before August 25. I also was able to start on my October review books. Except for weekly memes like Stacking the Shelves and It's Monday! What Are You Reading? I have all of my September posts written and scheduled. 

I also have all of my October review, Teaser Tuesday, Book Beginnings and Friday 56 posts begun with the boiler plate things that go with each one - description, publication information, links to author's webpage and purchase links. Now I just have to read and review the books. 

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I have most of these books and I just choose randomly...I should bow my head in shame...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a lot of great books listed there! Congrats on making your goal! I wish I could plan ahead that much :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!