- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
"What happened? How'd you get there?" one of the medics asks as they pull you up toward the platform.Blackbird by Anna Carey. I got this eARC from HarperTeen through Edelweiss. This book will be released on Sept. 16 (today!). Here is the description:
You glance down at your outfit, staring at a body that feels completely unfamiliar to you. the front of your T-shirt is wet with blood. You're wearing new jeans and new shoes. The laces are a stiff, electric white.
"I don't know," you say, unable to place the time or day, unable to conjure even one detail of your life. There is only this moment, nothing more.
From the author of the Eve trilogy comes the breathless story of a girl racing to figure out who she is—and how to stay alive. When a nameless girl wakes up on the subway tracks, she knows only one thing for sure: people want her dead. Can she find them before they track her down? This pulse-pounding contemporary thriller is perfect for fans of The Maze Runner, The Darkest Minds, and Legend.
Things I know are true:
- I am in Los Angeles
- I woke up on the train tracks at the Vermont/Sunset station
- I am a teenage girl
- I have long black hair
- I have a bird tattoo on the inside of my right wrist (FNV02198)
- People are trying to kill me