Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: The Vault of the Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
No alarm went off. No warning lights. Orly did not come running. Our fifty tall beds, with their paneling below and full-length glass lids on top, were line up in two rows as straight and motionless as so many coffins. Cameras had to be picking up my movements, but either no one cared that I was breaking the rules, or the night techies didn't watch carefully. A third possibility didn't then occur to me: someone cared very much, was watching closely, and still let me continue.
This week my teaser comes from The Vault of the Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien. i got this ARC from Macmillan. The book will be released on Sept. 16.

Here is the description:
The Forge School is the most prestigious arts school in the country. The secret to its success: every moment of the students' lives is televised as part of the insanely popular Forge Show, and the students' schedule includes twelve hours of induced sleep meant to enhance creativity. But when first year student Rosie Sinclair skips her sleeping pill, she discovers there is something off about Forge. In fact, she suspects that there are sinister things going on deep below the reaches of the cameras in the school. What's worse is, she starts to notice that the ridges of her consciousness do not feel quite right. And soon, she unearths the ghastly secret that the Forge School is hiding—and what it truly means to dream there.

From Caragh M. O'Brien, author of the Birthmarked trilogy comes the first book in a new series, The Vault of Dreamers, a fast-paced, psychologically thrilling novel about what happens when your dreams are not your own.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! I liked this one! It was strange, but I liked the mystery! Although I definitely want more answers after that ending and yet I must now wait another year for the next book!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one creepy teaser, and just the sort that should appeal to teens. Mine: Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of the movie "The Truman Show." Sounds really eerie.
    Here's the link to my Tuesday post: Retirement Can Be Murder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I've been wanting to check this one out, story sounds pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!