Friday, October 31, 2014

Friday Memes: True Fire by Gary Meehan

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting True Fire by Gary Meehan. I got this eARC for review from Edelweiss. Here is the description of this November 4 release:
Her sister stolen. Her grandfather murdered. Her home burned to the ground. At just 16, her life destroyed. Now, Megan wants revenge. But the men who took Megan's precious twin are no ordinary soldiers. The brutal witches, armor-clad and branded with the mark of the True, will stop at nothing to take back the power they once had. Desperate for a way to destroy them, Megan uncovers a terrifying lie. A lie that will cast doubt on everything she has ever known, and everyone she has ever trusted. A lie that will put Megan at the heart of the greatest war her world has ever seen.

But as the intensity of final year takes hold, the pressure to be perfect mounts. Isabel starts to self-destruct, putting her beauty--her only asset--in peril. And then into this sealed female environment, the boys arrive, eager to choose a bride. Freida must fight for her future--even if it means betraying the only friend, the only love, she has ever known.

Beginning:
Megan had no trouble slipping away from the mill.
Friday 56:
"I failed Gwyneth once," she said. "I won't fail her again. I'm going to find her and rescue her and God help anyone who tries to stop me."

4 comments:

  1. Very exciting. I'm thinking if the witches took her twin to gain power, she must be valuable to them too. I like the sound of this one:)
    Have a Happy Halloween.
    Here's my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/31/the-friday-56-43-paradise-rot/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Laura!
    Happy Halloween and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting opening. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:
    NYZE@everythingnyze

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....sounds awful for that 16-year-old.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!