Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"Agent Briggs is back," I said once I'd straightened.

"Thank God," Lia dropped the act and slumped back against the sofa. "Though if anyone tells him I said that, I'll be forced to take drastic measures."
This week my teaser comes from Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. This is the sequel to The Naturals which is about a group of young people who are part of an elite FBI experiment. The book will be released on November 4. Here is the description:
Seventeen-year-old Cassie Hobbes has a gift for profiling people. Her talent has landed her a spot in an elite FBI program for teens with innate crime-solving abilities, and into some harrowing situations. After barely escaping a confrontation with an unbalanced killer obsessed with her mother's murder, Cassie hopes she and the rest of the team can stick to solving cold cases from a distance.

But when victims of a brutal new serial killer start turning up, the Naturals are pulled into an active case that strikes too close to home: the killer is a perfect copycat of Dean's incarcerated father-a man he'd do anything to forget. Forced deeper into a murderer's psyche than ever before, will the Naturals be able to outsmart the enigmatic killer's brutal mind games before this copycat twists them into his web for good?

With her trademark wit, brilliant plotting, and twists that no one will see coming, Jennifer Lynn Barnes will keep readers on the edge of their seats (and looking over their shoulders) as they race through the pages of this thrilling novel.

9 comments:

  1. I like the storyline.

    My teaser is an excerpt from a YA book about the Underground Railway.

    http://wp.me/p3Nz8P-h7

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read this! I like the dialogue and am a huge fan of character driven novels. I think I'd enjoy these characters and the story.
    Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/28/teaser-tuesdays-87-moore-zombies-and-the-alien-next-door/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes PLEASE! I love this kind of books!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Here is my TT!
    Kenzi @Shattered Hearts Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one does sound good! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy.

    Here's mine: “SAVING GRACE”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the premise behind this series. Sounds like a good story with interesting characters and a riveting plot.
    My Tuesday post features THE BEARWALKER’S DAUGHTER.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't help but giggle. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I'm such a fan of this series!! I thoroughly enjoyed this second book in the series (although, I've been putting off writing a review for weeks now). But that's just because I want to revisit it again. I really love all the new things we learn about each of these characters. Great choice on the teaser too, Lia is so much fun to read!!


    This week I'm diving into The Perilous Sea.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!