Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: The Book of Storms by Ruth Hatfield

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
But Social Services would look at his family and see what they didn't do, not what they did, and he had a pretty good idea that they wouldn't like what they saw.
This week my teaser comes from The Book of Storms by Ruth Hatfield. I got this ARC from Macmillan. Here is the description of this middle grade fantasy novel:
Eleven-year-old Danny O’Neill has never been what you’d call adventurous. But when he wakes the morning after a storm to find his house empty, his parents gone, and himself able to hear the thoughts of a dying tree, he has no choice but to set out to find answers. He soon learns that the enigmatic Book of Storms holds the key to what he seeks . . . but unraveling its mysteries won’t be easy. If he wants to find his family, he’ll have to face his worst fears and battle terrifyingly powerful enemies, including the demonic Sammael himself.

In the beautifully imagined landscape of Ruth Hatfield's The Book of Storms, magic seamlessly intertwines with the everyday, nothing is black and white, and Danny is in a race against time to rescue everything he holds dear.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh nice tease! Totally new to me one!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an interesting cover! Sounds like a great find for this age group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating. Grabbed mr right away and that cover art is wonderful. Thanks for sharing this author.
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/11/04/teaser-tuesdays-88-real-elves-an-emily-castle-mystery/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm intrigued by the cover and teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Teaser. I'm guessing they're not your normal family, but I'm curious about what they don't do.
    My Tuesday post features a Navajo mystery by Tony Hillerman: THE BLESSING WAY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting teaser, and it's not at all what I would expect from a book with this premise and cover (which both look/sound awesome). It makes me even more interested in finding out more about this story. Great pick!

    Here are My Teasers.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!