Wednesday, November 26, 2014

WoW: The Unicorn Hunter by Che Golden

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for. I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist though. Be warned!

Coming up on my review stack is The Unicorn Hunter by Che Golden. Here is the description from Amazon:
"Gripping, mystical and adventurous, young readers will be as hooked as Maddy was the minute she set foot inside that creepy as hell old castle," raved," Irish World said of The Feral Child

Maddy's adventures continue in The Unicorn Hunter. The adults of Blarney have always lived in fear. The faeries of Tir na nOg exist on their doorstep, and they could unleash terror on the mortal realm at any time.

But eleven-year-old Maddy is not afraid. The unicorn that holds the key to balance and peace in both worlds is injured, and Maddy knows she is the only one who can track down whoever hurt her.

Can Maddy survive the force and cunning of the Tuatha, who rule Tir na nOg? Or will she end up a mere pawn in their own power games?
Readers will enjoy the frank and bold heroine of Maddy, and will be dazzled by The Unicorn Hunter's evocative rendering of Irish folklore and richly imagined alternate worlds.
This book will be released on January 6. Have you read The Feral Child. Is this one on your wishlist?

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, not my usual read, but you had me at castle and Ireland....now I'll be watching to see how much you love it. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “NIGHT NIGHT, SLEEP TIGHT”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Tuatha, as in the Irish Gods, and now I must find out more about these books!! Cool pick!!

    My WoW this Week: Firefight

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOoh interesting!! Totally new to me but loving that cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!