Saturday, December 27, 2014

Book Review: Endlessly by Kiersten White

Endlessly
Author: Kiersten White
Series: Paranormalcy (Book 3)
Publication: HarperTeen (July 24, 2012)

Description: Kiersten White’s New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy comes to a breathless conclusion with a signature mix of wit, romance, paranormal creatures, and a truly original heroine.

In Endlessly, pink-loving, butt-kicking Evie has way too much on her to-do list. Paranormals are begging her to open a faerie gate so they can leave the human world, something Evie’s not sure she has the power to do. The Dark Queen is torturing humans and must be destroyed.

On top of all that, Evie’s prom is coming up. She’s not sure what to wear, and, oh, yeah, her shape-shifting boyfriend, Lend, has been cursed so that he falls into an enchanted sleep whenever he and Evie are in the same room…and even Evie’s ex-boyfriend, the faerie Reth, can’t reverse the dark magic.

An epic battle is looming, and the choices Evie makes will determine the fate of whole paranormal world—and her own life.

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this conclusion to the Paranormalcy trilogy. I liked this series because there are many humorous moments in otherwise grim situations. Evie is such a quirky character! I love her love of pink and her love for living a "normal" life. But many things are conspiring against her.

The ISPA has been taken over by a really radical faction who would like to either convince Evie to work for them again or they would like to bag and tag her. Evie's contact with the agency is evasive and harried and being tried for treason. And then, the faeries are trying to convince Evie to open a gate so that they can leave this world - at least the light faeries are. The dark faeries are still busy torturing and taking human into the faerie realm.

Evie would be really happy with her boyfriend Lend if only he could stay away when she was in the room. She is also worried that when the faeries have their way and take all paranormals to another world, Lend will choose to go with. She is also worried about what will happen to him if they all stay and he is left on Earth for an immortal life while she only has a human one.

Old enemies - Reth and Jack - are very active in this story. Evie needs to depend on them to accomplish her goals. However, she isn't at all sure that her trust won't lead to further betrayal. Evie has to make some very tough decisions in this story. I like the choices she made.

This was an entertaining and engaging story. I recommend it.

Favorite Quote:
A very small part of me was curious to see if I could use the Faerie Paths on my own now. But that part was very, very small, and all the other parts of me thought that part was crazy and wanted to beat it up.
I bought this one. You can buy your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!