Friday, December 26, 2014

Friday Memes: Endlessly by Kiersten White

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


I decided to end the year by trying to end a series. I pulled Endlessly by Kiersten White off my TBR mountain where it has languished since July 24, 2012. Here is the description:
Kiersten White’s New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy comes to a breathless conclusion with a signature mix of wit, romance, paranormal creatures, and a truly original heroine.

In Endlessly, pink-loving, butt-kicking Evie has way too much on her to-do list. Paranormals are begging her to open a faerie gate so they can leave the human world, something Evie’s not sure she has the power to do. The Dark Queen is torturing humans and must be destroyed.

On top of all that, Evie’s prom is coming up. She’s not sure what to wear, and, oh, yeah, her shape-shifting boyfriend, Lend, has been cursed so that he falls into an enchanted sleep whenever he and Evie are in the same room…and even Evie’s ex-boyfriend, the faerie Reth, can’t reverse the dark magic.

An epic battle is looming, and the choices Evie makes will determine the fate of whole paranormal world—and her own life.
Beginning:
Here's the thing about dragons: I know absolutely nothing whatsoever about them.
Friday 56:
Where the street should have been was a wall of black nothingness. And stepping out of it was the most terrifying creature I had ever had the misfortune of seeing.

5 comments:

  1. You had me with the beginning! I LOVE dragons!
    Happy weekend! (I added you to the Linky.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I not read this series!! The beginning made me laugh out loud and the 56 had me cringing. What a great idea for finishing the year out. I'll check these out.

    Here's my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/26/the-friday-56-46-the-boy-who-drew-monsters/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't often read paranormals, but this sounds like a good one. The opening says there will be humor in the story, and the 56 promises drama.
    My Friday post features a cozy mystery: CHORUS LINES, CAVIAR AND CORPSES.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to start this series! :)

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds quirky and interesting. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes for 2015

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!