Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday Memes: Heist Society by Ally Carter

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


This week I decided to choose a book from my TBR mountain. I chose Heist Society by Ally Carter. I have read her Gallagher Girls series and really enjoyed it but haven't tried this series. Here is the description from Amazon:
For as long as she can remember, Katarina has been a part of the family business-thieving. When Kat tries to leave "the life" for a normal life, her old friend Hale conspires to bring her back into the fold. Why? A mobster's art collection has been stolen, and Kat's father is the only suspect. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat's dad needs her help.
Beginning:
No one knew for certain when the trouble started at the Colgan School.
Friday 56:
"Who hit this?" Simon jabbed his finger at the center of the blueprints. "It's not a big list, I can tell you that."

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting family! I like the idea of a young adult being responsible for getting her dad out of trouble.
    My Friday post features VIDAL’S HONOR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series and author have been on my TBR for awhile. The books look so fun. Love the excerpts and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would like this book. Sounds good.

    Love the sentences you shared.

    ENJOY your weekend.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read this one for some time. Hope you enjoy it!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting one to try! I've read the first of the Gallagher Girls books. :) Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like one full of melodramatics! XD I hope you're enjoying this one!

    Here's mine:
    Sparrow's Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing!
    Heist Society was one that a student of mine was reading last year. It intrigued me and so I found a copy to read. I hope you enjoy the book, I know I did.

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another new author to me with an interesting concept for the story and is going on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!