Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Memes: The Inquisitor's Mark by Dianne K. Salerni

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting The Inquisitor's Mark by Dianne K. Salerni. I got this eARC from Edelweiss. It is the sequel to The Eighth Day. Here is the description of this January 27 release:
This sequel to The Eighth Day, a fantasy adventure that VOYA called "unparalleled" and "absolutely necessary for middle grades," continues with higher stakes, greater world building, and more pulse-pounding action. With suspense, action, and intrigue at every corner, this fast-paced fantasy series will be a welcome addition for fans of Percy Jackson and Harry Potter.

After an all-out battle in Mexico, Jax, Riley, and Evangeline have gone into hiding. There are still rogue Transitioners and evil Kin lords on the hunt for Riley, a descendant of King Arthur, and Evangeline, a powerful wizard with bloodlines to Merlin, in order to gain control over the Eighth Day.

So when Finn Ambrose, a mysterious stranger, contacts Jax claiming to be his uncle, Jax's defenses go up—especially after Jax learns that he's holding Jax's best friend, Billy, hostage. To rescue Billy and keep Riley and Evangeline out of the fray, Jax sneaks off to New York City on his own. But once there, he discovers a surprising truth: Finn is his uncle and Jax comes from a long line of Dulacs—a notoriously corrupt and dangerous Transitioner clan who want Riley dead and Evangeline as their prisoner. And family or not, the Dulacs will stop at nothing to get what they want.
Beginning:
Jax Aubrey's phone rang at least once a day, and it was always the same number.
Friday 56:
Evangeline had taken the news about Addie bravely but sadly, as if she hadn't really expected a happy reunion today.

9 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I wonder who keeps calling. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover is so awesome! I'll have to read The Eighth Day first though - it sounds like something I'd love!

    Check out my 56.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great book for middle-grade kids -- and maybe for adults too! The opening definitely made me want to know about that phone call.
    My Friday post features FINDING SOUTHERN COMFORT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds exciting, I can't believe I've never heard of this author before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. I'm intrigued by the comparisons to Harry Potter and Percy Jackson and the beginning has me very curious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love a good Middle Grade story! That's one of my favorite genres to read. Glad to discover your blog--I'm looking forward to exploring it more! -Katie @ Bookish Illuminations [http://bookish-illuminations.com/]

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome cover. It leads you in to read the book! I've been reading a lot of MG books and this series sounds exciting.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/23/the-friday-56-49-the-christmas-dragon/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooo....I love this cover.

    ENJOY...don't think I will read the book, but I hope it is a good read for you.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am curious about the snippets... but I am drawn to the cover! Very cool!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!