Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Cut Me Free by S. R. Johansson

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
The best thing the Parents ever did for me was to go down without giving me much trouble. At least I only had to escape once. I'm not positive that they're dead, but I certainly tried. And I really can't think about that now.
This week my teaser comes from Cut Me Free by S. R. Johansson. I got this ARC from Macmillan. Here is the description of this January 27 release:
Seventeen-year-old Charlotte barely escaped from her abusive parents. Her little brother, Sam, wasn't as lucky. Now she's trying to begin the new life she always dreamed of for them, but never thought she'd have to experience alone. She's hired a techie-genius with a knack for forgery to remove the last ties to her old life. But while she can erase her former identity, she can’t rid herself of the memories. And her troubled history won’t let her ignore the little girl she sees one day in the park. The girl with the bruises and burn marks.

That’s when Charlotte begins to receive the messages. Threatening notes left in her apartment--without a trace of entry. And they’re addressed to Piper, her old name. As the messages grow in frequency, she doesn’t just need to uncover who is leaving them; she needs to stop whoever it is before anyone else she loves ends up dead.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, powerful Teaser. Thanks for sharing. I bet my blog partner would love this one. Here is mine for this week...
    http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2015/01/teaser-tuesday-84-storyspinner-by-becky.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, powerful Teaser. Thanks for sharing. I bet my blog partner would love this one. Here is mine for this week...
    http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2015/01/teaser-tuesday-84-storyspinner-by-becky.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing teaser. I've seen this one around and must admit it does intrigue me.

    Mine for this week: http://www.keeperbookshelf.com/teaser-tuesday-2

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, that teaser hooked me. I gotta know why she bumped off her parents, or did she> :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT ~ The Lie by Ashley Fontainne

    ReplyDelete
  5. That teaser gave me the shivers- love it!
    Mine is from The Walls Around Us:

    http://welcome-to-zeds-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/teaser-tuesday-27th-jan-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying to win a copy of this at Free book Friday. I really want to read it, heard it is scary as hell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds really intense! That opener makes me wonder about it! Sounds interesting.
    My teaser is from A Sister To Honor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this sounds good. I need to know what happened or didn't!

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/27/teaser-tuesdays-99-empty-cup-2/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!