Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: The Rule of Three: Fight for Power by Eric Walters

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"In an ideal world every member of this community would contribute to the decision because it will have dire, potentially fatal, impacts on them. We don't live in that ideal place, but all of you are the neighborhood representatives. This has to be a collective decision because we will all have to live with the consequences. If we attack it is almost guaranteed that some of our people will die. We have to share in that responsibility," Herb said.
This week my teaser comes from The Rule of Three: Fight for Power by Eric Walters. I got this review copy from Macmillan. This is the second book in this post-apocalyptic thriller. Here is the description from Amazon:
After sixty-six days of a catastrophic global blackout, life in the suburbs is not what it used to be for Adam and his fortified neighborhood of Eden Mills. Although an explosive clash has minimized one threat from outside the walls, Adam’s battle-hardened mentor, Herb, continues to make decisions in the name of security that are increasingly wrenching and questionable. Like his police chief mom and others, Adam will follow Herb’s lead. But when the next threat comes from an unexpected direction, nobody is ready for it. And someone is going to pay the price—because of Adam’s mistakes and mistaken trust.

6 comments:

  1. This one sounds good! I'll be watching for reviews!
    Here's my teaser.
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2015/01/tuesday-memes-girl-who-came-home.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fascinating story. I'll read this one.
    My Tuesday post features LEARNIN’ THE ROPES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy. Not a good guy to cross.

    Happy New Year! I have a quote from a Grisham legal thriller this week:

    http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-the-litigators-teasertuesday-grisham-books/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an exciting moment in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice for the teaser. This series was recommended to me by several people. I like post-apocalyptic dynamics.
    Here's my TT from AWOL - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/06/teaser-tuesdays-94-awol/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!