Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Memes: Better Than Perfect by Melissa Kantor

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Better Than Perfect by Melissa Kantor. I got this eARC from Edelweiss for review. Here is the description of this Feb. 17 release:
From the acclaimed author of Maybe One Day, Melissa Kantor, comes a poignant coming-of-age story that skillfully captures the singular experience of being a teenage girl. This beautifully woven tale will appeal to fans of Jenny Han and Sarah Dessen.

Juliet Newman has it all. A picture-perfect family; a handsome, loving boyfriend; and a foolproof life plan: ace her SATs, get accepted into Harvard early decision, and live happily ever after.

But when her dad moves out and her mom loses it, Juliet begins questioning the rules she's always lived by. And to make everything even more complicated there's Declan, the gorgeous boy who makes her feel alive and spontaneous—and who's totally off-limits. Torn between the life she always thought she wanted and one she never knew was possible, Juliet begins to wonder: What if perfect isn't all it's cracked up to be?
Beginning:
"I'm going to miss you."
Friday 56:
"Are you sure you're all right?" asked the girl. "You look a little done in."

5 comments:

  1. I have seen this in some of the book lists this winter. Are you going to purchase it for your library? With limited budgets I want to make sure that it has teen appeal. Anne@My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover and the sound of this one! The excerpt's intriguing. Especially the 56. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover. Sounds good.

    THANKS for sharing.

    Did you have a delay today because of the cold? Oh...maybe not...you are in Minnesota. Pennsylvania is having FRIGID temps.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both snippets are mellow but somewhat somber.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost requested this. The cover grabbed me. For some reason, I didn't and now wish I did. LOL
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/02/13/the-friday-56-52-my-pet-yeti/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!