Monday, February 2, 2015

January Re-Cap

It is hard for me to believe that the first month of 2015 is over. Where did January go?

I read a total of 22 books this month. Eleven were adult books and 11 were young adult books. Fifteen were from my review stack and 7 were from my TBR mountain.

From TBR mountain, I finally read:
  • Rule Breaker by Lora Leigh
  • Bite Me by Shelly Laurenston
  • Trust No One by Jayne Ann Krentz
  • Closer to Home by Mercedes Lackey
  • The Grendel Affair by Lisa Shearin
  • Cursed Moon by Jaye Wells
  • Trace of Magic by Diana Pharaoh Francis
I have decided to try to read all my new purchase adult books as I buy them so that I can end 2015 without huge additions to my TBR mountain. I began this year with 1418 books on TBR mountain.

This decision means I think a lot more before hitting the "buy" button when I see a Kindle Daily Deal I don't think I can live without. Right now, I have six January purchases still to read. I have slotted them all into my reading plan but just haven't gotten to them yet.

Every young adult book I read this month was from my review stack. All the reviews are scheduled and will be appearing on this blog eventually. You can check the links to the spreadsheets to find out when a book review will show up. Here is the Google Sheet showing my 2015 reading log. I also have a Google Sheet which shows my review books. There's a sheet showing 2015 reviews. That sheet reminds me to cross-post my reviews to Amazon, NetGalley and Edelweiss.

My favorites of the young adult books I read were I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios, The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski, and How to Win at High School by Owen Matthews. Many of the others were very good too.

I am far enough ahead in my reading that all the book review posts, Teaser Tuesdays and Friday memes posts are completed for February. I finished all my February review books in January and started chipping away at the March stack by reading all five of the March 3 releases on my stack. That still leaves 9 March releases to read this month.

I use Google Calendars to plan when I will be reviewing the books I read. When I am planning what to read each week, I look to see what is coming next on my calendars. My calendar for this blog is full through mid-July. If I get any more YA books, they will have to wait until at least then to be read. My calendar for Inside of  Dog, my adult blog, is full through April 4.

Onward to February....

1 comment:

  1. You had a fabulous month in books! Happy February reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!