Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Mars Evacuees by Sophia McDougall

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
Teachers often thought being Stephanie Dare's daughter meant I ought to march around the school setting a splendid example of morale and patriotism, and sometimes took me aside to tell me so. The other girls tended to think it meant I was in constant need of taking down a peg or two, and sometimes took me aside to tell me that.
This week my teaser comes from Mars Evacuees by Sophia McDougall. I am always looking for science fiction for my teen and tween readers. So I downloaded this eARC from Edelweiss. Here is the description of this Feb. 17 release:
From bestselling UK author Sophia McDougall comes one fresh and funny, adventure-filled tween debut about a group of kids evacuated to Mars! Perfect for fans of Artemis Fowl, this laugh-out-loud series is packed with nonstop fun. When Earth comes under attack by aliens, hilarious heroine Alice Dare and a select group of kids are sent to Mars. But things get very strange when the adults disappear into thin air, the kids face down an alien named Thsaaa, and Alice and her friends must save the galaxy!

For when plucky twelve-year-old Alice Dare learns she's being taken out of the Muckling Abbott School for Girls and sent to another planet, no one knows what to expect. This is one wild ride that will have kids chuckling the whole way through.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch! Doesn't sound like she has it going well at school!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how you are automatically assumed like your parents... lol... good teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first book I've heard of being set on Mars and I like the teaser you've shared, poor girl.
    My tt is from Unhinged:
    http://welcome-to-zeds-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/teaser-tuesday-10th-feb-2015.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!