Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Since You've Been Gone by Mary Jennifer Payne

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
I was ten years old when we began running, and I've been leaving pieces of myself, of my heart, in different apartments, cities, and schools ever since.
This week my teaser comes from Since You've Been Gone by Mary Jennifer Payne. I got this contemporary story from NetGalley. Here is the description:
Is it possible to outrun your past? Fifteen-year-old Edie Fraser and her mother, Sydney, have been trying to do just that for five years. Now, things have gone from bad to worse. Not only has Edie had to move to another new school — she's in a different country.

Sydney promises her that this is their chance at a fresh start, and Edie does her best to adjust to life in London, England, despite being targeted by the school bully. But when Sydney goes out to work the night shift and doesn't come home, Edie is terrified that the past has finally caught up with them.

Alone in a strange country, Edie is afraid to call the police for fear that she’ll be sent back to her abusive father. Determined to find her mother, but with no idea where to start, she must now face the most difficult decision of her life.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like one of those books that will tug at your heartstrings. Thanks for sharing.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds so good, I would pick this one up. Thanks for sharing it.

    My Teaser this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh interesting teaser! This one is totally new to me!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking a box of kleenex is required while reading this. It sounds wonderful.

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/02/03/teaser-tuesdays-100-one-more-day-what-if-tommorrow-never-happens/

    ReplyDelete
  5. How tragic! Bet that is a great story there though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great sad story. Here's my link: http://awrenfro.com/2015/02/03/teaser-tuesday-the-shining-by-stephen-king/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a compelling plot (but depressing). The Teaser alone is sad. I'd have to be in the right mood to read this book!
    My Tuesday post features SIX STRINGS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a very scary position to be in, excellent teaser though!
    Here's a link to mine:
    http://welcome-to-zeds-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/teaser-tuesday-3rd-feb-2015.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!