Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Memes: Lost Boy by Tim Green

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Lost Boy by Tim Green. This is the first book by the author I have read. I know that many of my students enjoy his sports fiction. Here is the description of this March 3 release:
From New York Times bestselling author Tim Green comes a captivating baseball novel about one kid's search of a lifetime.

It's always been just Ryder and his mom. But on the way home from Ryder's baseball practice, everything comes to a halt. An accident sends his mom to the hospital, and now she is fighting for her life. So Ryder goes on a search to find his father, determined to help pay for the expensive operation to save his mother's life. But with only a signed baseball and a letter as his clues, and the help of his next-door neighbor and a New York City firefighter, will everything fall into place in time, or will Ryder become a lost boy forever?

New York Times bestselling author Tim Green knocks this one out of the park, combining heart and baseball to create a story that readers will never forget.
Beginning:
Ryder smashed the ball over the fence and tried not to smile.
Friday 56:
"This is Battalion," Doyle explained. "Not every station is this big. We got lucky. We get to have the bosses right over our heads breathing down our necks every doggone minute."

8 comments:

  1. This was NOT Green's best work. Most of his other books are more upbeat and action packed. This was just too sad for me, but I have to buy it for the die hard fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not one I would normally read, but it does sound interesting and one I may make an exception for. I like to step out of my normal comfort zone once in a while.
    sherry @ fundinmentalFriday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by this author, but I believe I'll have to. :)

    Check out my 56 with Book Beginnings and my Last List Blog Hop Review and Giveaway (ending in two days).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is a sports book, but that page 56 quote seems like it could be from something sci-fi/dystopian, which is cool because it shows us how there are aspects of many genres in any one book. Here's my post: http://ebogie.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-burning-wire-book-beginnings-page-56.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah sports fiction is something I never read., not quite sure why. It's probably because I don't know enough about sport to really be interested in it as a major plot part! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have an amazing weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of Tim Green but this does sound interesting. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to look for his books next time I'm at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a sweet, touching story. I can understand why your students like this author.
    My Friday post features WILLOW VALE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love sports so would probable enjoy this read!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!